Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Introduction

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, Michael B said:

Thanks.

My checkbook and I did a great job.

Came out beautiful.  Can you post a pic of your dash and maybe a closeup of the switch area?  That's a pretty popular car around here and very knowledgeable owners that should be able to help you out. Welcome to FP family.

• Like 2

Thanks guys but being new here I can't figure out how to post additional pics. HELP !!!

Great pic's, thankz.  Looks like you will be removing the dashpad.  If you can't find a replacement or have it rebuilt,  Run a hidden switch to work the top until your able to come up with a better solution.  Good Luck.  Shou;ld be more of the 64 crew chiming in on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Michael B said:

Thanks.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to remove the pad and if the switch is right under it as it seems.

I am handy but not about cars.

I know I can do it if someone just tells me how.

Anyone of the 64 guys can help with that.  Then you will test it, to make sure it's not something else and the top will go up N down.  Like I said you can always run a hidden toggle/rocker switch.  Here's some things to look at for now.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=3+way+automotive+rocker+switch&cvid=f251112b8905438da32a4214b4621aa1&aqs=edge..69i57.20344j0j4&FORM=ANAB01&PC=HCTS

• Like 1

Thanks again Steve once I find the original switch that site will be very helpful.

• Like 2

Hi Michael, super easy mate !! you justA take out the 6 screws holding down the dash pad, remove the chrome "A" pillar trim, pull that pad and you will have easy access to that switch ..

i will post some pictures..

E555C0B4-C410-4B40-8B17-107275548BD1.jpeg

CD3DBB73-DF98-404B-A863-437FEDA39FB0.jpeg

6A38D2CB-EC5B-4F42-9E23-2FA69311DD97.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

and as JustA said the switch is a good place to start, BUT it may not  be the switch. pull it and check its continuity :cheers: 

do a ohm test on it too will tell you how clean its old copper contacts are too :cheers:

• Like 2

Hey Michael, like Justa said bro if you can't get the switch working you can always run a toggle switch. If you're wanting to keep it looking factory, I would suggest an "angel eyes" toggle switch. I personally use these quite a bit. They are a push button switch that mounts flush and can be hidden anyplace. If you decide to go the toggle switch route I can send you pics of these to check out. I've got 2 on my Harley controlling LEDs and fog lights and justa installed 2 in my F150 to control the amp and fog lights. There almost invisible. We can even help with the wiring and routing to keep everything hidden and looking factory bud. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

Nice bro, I'm on a 03 Heritage and 2 of my buddy's are on Vulcans

hay you two! you know we love pictures around here!!! how about biker pics :drool:

3 hours ago, Michael B said:

BTW I am also a motorcyclist. I have a Goldwing and a Vulcan 750.

• Haha 2

Here's mine and a few of the guy's that ride with me. A couple of us are actually planning a ride out to Gila Bend AZ around the end of May. Kind of a bucket list thing of mine. Thats not to far from you Michael.

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1986.jpg

11..jpg

• Like 2

LMAO   A 73 Yamaha 250 Enduro does not a biker make.......but I've had it since new.  Sold my street bike many years ago after almost getting killed 7 straight days in a row.

US NATIONALS 5-21-2015 415_zpsvnrm0tyb.jpg

• Haha 2