Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Todays job

64 kiwi boni

I thought I would share with you all today’s job

i am driving an hour south to mount ruapehu to fly up with the department of conservation to do some repairs on a gas system at one of their tramping huts 

B2B3B64B-9948-4231-9B63-7A69B77AFBD5.jpeg

1AC7D97A-BD49-4BED-9BFC-00351E6FAEF3.jpeg

C2B3F5C7-C198-416F-BCE3-61E860D52E5E.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

They pick me up off the desert road and up to a hut called Otuere

C83313D6-E708-4F86-85F0-CB87B8748BE7.jpeg

C7D845BA-BF27-4EDC-9426-572C8F9077BF.jpeg

A3741F55-16A3-4500-A28F-A35E0E8F055A.jpeg

And look who is up here waiting for me !

frosty is he related too you ?:rofl:

7054A824-C96C-43FC-A225-53EF3E1878DA.jpeg

BCB364F6-5DEA-4DB3-ABBC-ADD5CB39E32F.jpeg

4314F060-9756-4CD5-ADD2-2CD42444385E.jpeg

oh Boy!! its a crack up... i did all this on my old iphone 6 and my eyes are not that flash, then i get back to my office and review my posts !! frosty's kin, looks more like a polar bear !!... and that worries me! is frosty kin meat eaters!!!

i might be in big trouble :o

• Haha 2

• Founders
9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ringo, .... wouldn't it be cool to use helicopters more in the future, ???dear i say it but electric ones that are like ubers ?

Cool, yes. However, I hope it's automated because people can't drive, can't imagine flying :D 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

And look who is up here waiting for me !

frosty is he related too you ?:rofl:

4314F060-9756-4CD5-ADD2-2CD42444385E.jpeg

Yup. He's my little brother. He's JUSTA flake though. :rofl:

21 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

That's one COOL day!   That's Frosty's cousin, Freezer burn.:rofl:   Are those Big Foot tracks under the chopper?

He's a distant cousin. We don't talk to that side of the family anymore. We told them to chill out. :rofl:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Yup. He's my little brother. He's JUSTA flake though. :rofl:

He's a distant cousin. We don't talk to that side of the family anymore. We told them to chill out. :rofl:

Ah the old cold shoulder aye 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

New Zealand is a beautiful place...Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to see it in person..

We used a helicopter (civilian version of a CH-47 Chinook) one time a few years ago to take down a 500 ft. Tall old School AT&T communication tower with four copper feed horns the size of a pickup truck mounted on on the top of it....From a mountain top in Northwest Georgia Near Stone Mountain.... It was.... Extremely Terrifying and exciting at the same time.....With absolutely no room for error...Thought I was done for...A couple of different times on that job...Loved it and wouldn't hesitate to do it again....

its certainly a experience to ride in a chopper two lane!!:cheers:, its nothing like going fast on the ground thats for sure!!!haha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

New Zealand is a beautiful place...Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to see it in person..

We used a helicopter (civilian version of a CH-47 Chinook) one time a few years ago to take down a 500 ft. Tall old School AT&T communication tower with four copper feed horns the size of a pickup truck mounted on on the top of it....From a mountain top in Northwest Georgia Near Stone Mountain.... It was.... Extremely Terrifying and exciting at the same time.....With absolutely no room for error...Thought I was done for...A couple of different times on that job...Loved it and wouldn't hesitate to do it again....

Two lane IS the man.  Some of the pic's he has posted from the tops of these towers are mind boggling.:bowdown:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Two lane IS the man.  Some of the pic's he has posted from the tops of these towers are mind boggling.:bowdown:

Oh where are the pictures justA ? They would cool too see 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Oh where are the pictures justA ? They would cool too see 

TwoLane, do you remember what thread you posted your tower top shots in??  Maybe you can post some new ones.  

16 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Daaaaa  Want an answer from the man, ya gotta speak TO the man.  Do you remember what thread you posted some of your towertop shots in?   Maybe you could post some more?  Kiwi Boni  is interested and I wouldn't mind checkin out more.   THANKZ  bro.......you know how much we like pic's around here!!!:pop_corn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi..Everyone

If I remember correctly...Some of the tower shots are in the Off Topic section..Titled as My Morning Commute...

Think there is some more in the Photogeekery thread...

Anyway here is some more pics that I have  taken over the last couple of years at various tower sites Mostly in SC..GA..VA..and CT...

Newton Grove top beacon lite.jpg

newton grove side lite 2.jpg

newton grove safety climb.jpg

newton grove 4.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS 724 HAMDAN CT 2.jpg

ICE SHIELD OVER DISH.jpeg

dish install - 51 degrees- 655 feet-conduit install-radio installed by carrier.jpg

newton grove wave guide 2.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153203.854.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153049.921.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153011.541.jpg

IMG_20200820_195902.jpg

20200916_114116.jpg

DSCN0092 (1).JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

20150210_124113.jpg

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Was only able to find a couple photos of the Georgia helicopter job... There is some more really excellent photos and good video of us actually on the tower with the helicopter hovering 30 feet above us..While we were cutting the sections loose....Rigging the sections to the chopper were the were flown and laid down 5 miles away...Have been unable to locate them though....Think there might be copies on the company computer...Will check into it sometime the first of the Week...

31020.jpeg

31021.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Hi..Everyone

If I remember correctly...Some of the tower shots are in the Off Topic section..Titled as My Morning Commute...

Think there is some more in the Photogeekery thread...

Anyway here is some more pics that I have  taken over the last couple of years at various tower sites Mostly in SC..GA..VA..and CT...

Newton Grove top beacon lite.jpg

newton grove side lite 2.jpg

newton grove safety climb.jpg

newton grove 4.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS 724 HAMDAN CT 2.jpg

ICE SHIELD OVER DISH.jpeg

dish install - 51 degrees- 655 feet-conduit install-radio installed by carrier.jpg

newton grove wave guide 2.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153203.854.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153049.921.jpg

unnamed - 2020-08-24T153011.541.jpg

IMG_20200820_195902.jpg

20200916_114116.jpg

DSCN0092 (1).JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

20150210_124113.jpg

Two lane! my first question is... are you climbing all the way up to where you have taken these pictures'???

and if so, how the f--cking much money do they pay you to do that !!!!:stars:

mate i am on roof tops every other day but nothing like this🤮

8 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Was only able to find a couple photos of the Georgia helicopter job... There is some more really excellent photos and good video of us actually on the tower with the helicopter hovering 30 feet above us..While we were cutting the sections loose....Rigging the sections to the chopper were the were flown and laid down 5 miles away...Have been unable to locate them though....Think there might be copies on the company computer...Will check into it sometime the first of the Week...

31020.jpeg

31021.jpeg

tell me about this job?? is that you on the tower below the chopper??

how are you chopping sections off and hanging on for dear life at the same time :stars:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

I can say I've been in a helicopter only for remote heli-skiing in the Bugaboo Mountains near Panarama B.C. (eastern B.C.). It was quite the experience powder skiing in snow that was well over hip deep at times and just as likely to kill you since you are skiing in avalanche prone areas. These areas are not maintained and you must wear an avalanche transponder around your neck at all times - set to transmit. The guide is always in the lead and he is the person most like to trigger an avalanche. We're all trained on to switch our transmitters to receive and find someone buried in an avalanche. You basically have 20 minutes to find and dig them out before they suffocate.

However, so much for the nitty gritty, I can honestly say that it was an experience of a life time, and I would glad do it again, if my knee would hold up to the strain of skiing again.

• Like 2