Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

PontiacStrong65's 1965 Tempest Station Wagon

2023 November
of the Month

1964 rear end fin help

Go to solution Solved by SPRINT 6,

Recommended Posts

I am working on putting back together a 64 Goat with my dad it has been in pieces for years.  We took it down to bare metal.  I am not finding replacement molding (?) to put between the quarter panel and the fin? Does anyone have any suggestions? I could very well be using wrong terminology which may be why I am failing in my searches. 

Thank you



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

  • Solution

I may not be on the right track but it sounds like your looking for the seal and/or gasket that goes between the quarter panel and quarter panel "extension" IIRC there should be a thin seal between them but not 100% sure of this and if any of the big suppliers offer them. If this is what your after and you fall short of locating a set, 3M strip caulk would be a very good option to seal these parts.   Cheers



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.