Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Flushing out block

I've got an engine that is full of 35 year old rusty water/coolant and I'm looking to flush clean while still intact in the car but I don't want to run it thru my new water pump and intake if possible.

I've fabricated a couple fittings for a hose connections at the front (see arrows on drawing) and was thinking of either, attaching the intake  or fabbing up some fittings for the heads.

With this setup I feel that I could power flush with an air pressure/water combo and maybe even use a pump to circulate a rust removal  product throughout the block to loosen the crap up further.

Does anybody see a problem or any issues with this contraption? Should this work?  I'm sure I wont get all of the crap out but I feel any little bit would help.

DerustBlock.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!