Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project Ion...

So... i got a new project... (my brothers car)... it is a 2006 Ion3 LOADED but with a man pedal.

Here it is when we got it. Still in the dealer parking lot. Look at that thing Monster Truck!!!

030600_152500.jpg

030600_152600.jpg

So far i have blacked out the front corners with VHT, Debadged it....

Today i LOWERED IT!!

i bought SSC Lowering springs from ZZPerformance i talked directly with the guy over there and he said that the Ion Trim (not redline) can use the 04 redline springs. it will make it a touch lower (i guess teh redline is about 1/4 inch lower from the factory)

Here is stock height

IonProject001.jpg

IonProject003.jpg

IonProject005.jpg

27" in the front

IonProject002.jpg

28.5"in the back

IonProject004.jpg

Here it is lowered.

IonProject006.jpg

IonProject007.jpg

IonProject008.jpg

IonProject009.jpg

Next weekend i am having the tail lights tinted. The reverse light will still be clear so it wil be good.

After that it is going to be a simple Injen Full Length, Thermal R&D Full cat back, Header with DP and.... omg... i need another job so i can pour money in to this car.

Oh and yes it needs to be washed.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Wash plus the tinted tails and tinted windows that thing will look awesome!!! Whats the engine they put in those? I remember actually looking at one of these before I bought my 6 but forget every single detail about them seeing as that was like over 4 years ago :lol2:

looks great!!

Engine(s)

2.2 L L61 I4 (ION)

2.4 L LE5 I4 (ION3)

2.0 L LSJ supercharged I4 (RL)

my mom almost bought a blue one but i hated it so i wouldnt let her bu it haha..i love that one tho..looks ba lowered cant wait to see whats in store..if its your brothers car why isnt he paying for the stuff?

oh he is paying for most all of it but it was his B-Day on Friday so i am paying for a few things to get the mod itch in to him...

My mom is getting him the AVIC F90BT

The thing is that my little brother, Buddah as i call him, likes cars. he always watched me love my cars and work on them but he does not know much himself. so i figure taht i help, well make him do some stuff to his car and he will work on it and think of things himself.

awesome! i do things like that for my lil bro. I had bought my lil bro a 92 maxima and installed a complete audio/video setup in his car for him. i got discounts on all the audio/video stuff. :agreed:

anywho, if you need any parts for the ride, let me know my buddy with the ion redline is selling some parts that will fit his car like an fu strut bar and other things. i also am acquainted with an ion car club as well so just feel free to ask and i can do what i can. :rofl: ill get you there forum site as soon as i remember what it was. lol

oh he is paying for most all of it but it was his B-Day on Friday so i am paying for a few things to get the mod itch in to him...

My mom is getting him the AVIC F90BT

i heard that head unit is total ass....

jk i love it.

Yea... the head unit is goign to rock for him. My mom says because his car is manual she wants him to have a radio that does Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and Nav...

I was like SHIT... i never got taht! i purchased my own.

anyways, Crimson, did you do the bypass? I did the bypass on my AVIC D3 but the F90BT is newer so i am thinking it is a bit more dificult... let me know

What year is his ION Im going to look around work for a brochure and I may have a sticker for rear bumper.

I'll also see what else I have for freebies I can dig up for him. :lol2:

There is some key differences between the ion3 and redline.

One difference being 4lug wheels on the ION3 and 5 Lug on the redline

Also the redline guy you speak of will prob not sell his SC kit... that is going to stay on the car.

moreover the redline that you are talking about is red right? i am not trying to put together a mark car lol...

seriously i am interested to know what he has that can be swapped over but i dont think that thre is going to be much that he is interested in.

Maybe a five lug hub swap could work, you could find a wrecked turbo Cobalt SS's Brembos too.

Doesn't the LE5 have a higher compression ratio then the LSJ? You don't want it too high for boost.

it is becomming a more popular swap for people with the 2.2 or 2.4 (LE5) motor to swap over components. there are more than 20 that i have read about on Redlineforums.com ecotecforum.com cobaltss.net sixthsphere.com ect...

long term abuse?? sure. also i dont think they are running more than 7 psi. maybe 10 but anymore than that you are correct... they would need to use dished pistons to lower their compression ratio.

As for the lug swap it is doable. but on his car it would require me to do a rear disc conversion... i have only done one rear disc conversion in my life and it sucked so much ass.... i had troubles getting the Ebrake to work and other issues. to me it is jsut not worth it.

I found all the stuff for him. :lol2:

brochure. (mint condition)

rear bumper vinyl sticker inlay. (silver)

pricing sheet.

PM me your mailing addy and you can give it all to your little brother.

it is becomming a more popular swap for people with the 2.2 or 2.4 (LE5) motor to swap over components. there are more than 20 that i have read about on Redlineforums.com ecotecforum.com cobaltss.net sixthsphere.com ect...

long term abuse?? sure. also i dont think they are running more than 7 psi. maybe 10 but anymore than that you are correct... they would need to use dished pistons to lower their compression ratio.

As for the lug swap it is doable. but on his car it would require me to do a rear disc conversion... i have only done one rear disc conversion in my life and it sucked so much ass.... i had troubles getting the Ebrake to work and other issues. to me it is jsut not worth it.

Rear discs make such a big difference, much more stopping power, and it's a safety upgrade to boot.

As for the blower, I'd imagine the boost couldn't be too high. I know the components can bolt up, but there's always the hurtles of making an N/A motor work with forced induction, so a tune is a must, along with bigger injectors, headers, and full catback exhaust work. 2.50" pipping would be perfect. But the question is, do you feel it's worth tearing into the LE5 to swap out pistons for the blower?

Another thing you might know that I don't, how does the regular Getrag hold up in comparision of the SS/Redline's Getrag?

From what i read it is too new of a swap for people to really have great data.

Yes bigger injectors (a new harness) and other things are needed but it is not unheard of or too dificult tha you could not do it in a weekend.

Personally if it was mine i would be all over it! but he has to pony up the money for parts... Labor is Free... working on cars is my Theropy.

And you are right again about the Tune. it does need to be tuned afterwards but the 2.4 with the cobaltss SC swap is putting down WAY more hp than the 2.0