Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

airport travel

99gagt3x00

ok so change of travel plans for the future vacation.. next year i'm going to portland oregon to scout out neighborhoods and what not for my future move..now since i've never been through an airport let alone post 9/11 what should i expect..i'm already figuring on getting there a few hours early..

i plan on taking a laptop , my phone and typical clothes.. obviously i'm going to have to leave the knives at home. i plan on going there for a week..

i have like one pair of shoes i wear which are steel toe boots and with the metal on my belt loop i figure that will get some attention as it always does when i go through a metal detector..

i'm most likely going to be leaving through logan airport in boston FWIW.. or since i forgot about bradley international in CT that's a choice too.. i know every airport is different but given that what should i expect..i was figuring on getting there a few hours early for the whole process..i will probably only have one bag plus maybe a backpack.

figuring on this type for a luggage back.. may go with the duffel style

http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Luggage-Winfield-Fashion-Charcoal/dp/B00EALLN56/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1440336781&sr=1-3&nodeID=15743251

or this one

http://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Inch-Pocket-Rolling-Duffel/dp/B00JET0QG6/ref=pd_sim_198_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K7W8FZT8PN8GGGPJ0WR

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

I've flown in/out of Bradley and Logan multiple times. Security is a pain but just go with the flow and follow rules, you got nothing to worry about. Checkout the TSA screening info of what you can/can't bring: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening

Get there 2 hours before your flight and you should be golden. Steel-toed boots may be a no-no due to the steel but I have no idea.

You'll have to check with your airlines on what they allow for luggage but both those I think would be fine.

someone else i asked afterwards said all i would have to do is take the shoes off and send them through the scanner. automatically figured i'd be leaving the knife and leatherman at home..

i don't plan on taking a whole lot with me..

also found this bag which is a smaller one than i posted first which in one of the comments said it was the max size for carry on when it's about 90%full

http://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Luggage-Pocket-Rolling-Duffel/dp/B001TK2XCI/ref=pd_sim_198_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09H8GQ6XJV2SD2T0P43N&tag=viglink23813-20

• 3 weeks later...

Ive flown out of bradley a million times. Getting through security is wicked easy. Look up the dimensions allowed for a carry on for starters. In the line have your boarding pass and ID ready. After take your shoes, belt, sweatshirt/coat/ect off place them in a bin or two. Take everything out of your pockets and put them in a bin. Laptops and shit have to be separate. You can take a 1qt size bag of various fluids no larger than 3.4oz. Basically put your travel toiletries in ziplock. You need to take those out of your carry on and put those in a bin on their own as well.

i priced out a few things through expedia and while bradley is a few minutes closer to me it's a few hundred more.

just did a comparison since i forgot what the prices were from when i did the search..all to the same location,hotel and same time..

$1210 from worcester airport to portland

$1018 from bradley airport to portland

$843 from logan airport to portland..

all using the same class seats.. i wanted to leave from logan since it's way closer but a $367 price difference = NOPE.. hell even the $175 difference from logan to bradley leaves me with choosing logan..i wanted to avoid logan since going into boston blows.. it's like 15 minutes difference between logan and bradley..

probably going with this bag since it fits in under the carry on size

http://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Luggage-Pocket-Rolling-Duffel/dp/B001TK2XCI/ref=pd_sim_198_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09H8GQ6XJV2SD2T0P43N&tag=viglink23813-20

in the end i'll most likely choose bradley just for the fact that i can't stand going into boston...in the end it's only $175 and i've spent that on dumber shit..i'm going to wait a few months before i nail anything down so i can see if fall prices are any different from the spring ones..

figuring on late march or august/sept possibly october..since i work 4 days a week i was figuring on march 31st to march 9th, depending on when the flight leaves i may or may not leave work early/take the day off. when i can see dates past sept i'll nake the decision on when..

Depending on what your flight times are (if you need to get up wicked early or you return late) or if you get f*cked with some delay you can crash at my place. I live 25 minutes from Bradley. 

Depending on what your flight times are (if you need to get up wicked early or you return late) or if you get f*cked with some delay you can crash at my place. I live 25 minutes from Bradley. 

i'll let you know when i nail everything down..honestly the plan is to leave sometime thursday night and return the following week on saturday.. i used march 31st to april 9th of next year for example.. it said it was like a 6 hour flight so i figured i could get the plane time in after i get out of work that day and then start fresh the next day..

have you ever left your car at the airport..what's involved in that..

thanks for the offer. i'll let you know when i finalize things..

those prices i posted earlier are for the hotel and flight and then the rental get's added on later and that's like 300-400.

I've never done parking personally because I live so close i can get a ride to/from.

Parking has different options. Theres daily and weekly rates and those depend on what lot you go to. There is a garage and there are various other long-term lots some close to the terminal and others with shuttle services to the terminal.

Heres a link to BDL Parking info

http://www.bradleyairport.com/DirectionsParking/Rates.aspx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Founders

Never done parking at Bradley but have at other Airports. Parking at the airport is a little expensive but usually you know your car is treated decently. Usually there are businesses around airports that allow you to park for less but usually in shady backlots and stuff so it's all how much do you value your parking :lol:

I've never done parking personally because I live so close i can get a ride to/from.

Parking has different options. Theres daily and weekly rates and those depend on what lot you go to. There is a garage and there are various other long-term lots some close to the terminal and others with shuttle services to the terminal.

Heres a link to BDL Parking info

http://www.bradleyairport.com/DirectionsParking/Rates.aspx

thanks maybe i'll see if i can get a ride there..

Well whatever you do, just remember that im local if anything comes up.

thanks..i'll know more in a month or two..

Just flew in to Bradley on Tuesday :)

so how was the whole deal

• Founders

so how was the whole deal

Good. Flight was delayed out of Florida bu not by much due to a storm. Still made my connection in Baltimore. Like flying into Bradley, they're usually quick at getting the bags off the plane. Think I had time to go to the bathroom and hop down to baggage claim and my bag was on the belt :lol:

Good. Flight was delayed out of Florida bu not by much due to a storm. Still made my connection in Baltimore. Like flying into Bradley, they're usually quick at getting the bags off the plane. Think I had time to go to the bathroom and hop down to baggage claim and my bag was on the belt :lol:

nice sounds like a smooth deal..just waiting to see if there's a difference between spring/fall prices..

Yeah Bradley is a large airport with a small airport feel. Its isolated from Hartford and Springfield and isn't basically in a City like most. They don't have to deal with the same congested hustle and bustle so everything goes smoother. Thats how I look at it atleast. 

• Founders

Yeah Bradley is a large airport with a small airport feel. Its isolated from Hartford and Springfield and isn't basically in a City like most. They don't have to deal with the same congested hustle and bustle so everything goes smoother. Thats how I look at it atleast. 

Ft. Myers isn't in a large part of the city but sometimes can take forever, I hate it :lol:

cool sounds like a good deal..looks like i'll be basing my plan off of leaving from that airport.

• 3 months later...