Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Winter is coming...

Last winter I was lucky enough to drive my dad's Aztek for the season, but unfortunately there will be no such luck this year. The only bright side of the situation is that we bought a '04 Cavalier with a supercharged 2.2L ecotec over the summer (the engine is for the Fiero) and it had brand new all weather tires on it. On Sunday my dad and I put those wheels and tires onto Xena. Every time I look at her I burst out laughing. I just can't get over how weird she looks; the 95-99 wheels have been on her for three years now!

Prior to the ridiculousness, I shot a few quick photos for the calendar. As mentioned in the calendar submission thread, please disregard how messy she is. We were a little short on time so I didn't even get the opportunity to run her through the car wash.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

My dad had to move two of the other beasts out of the shop for access to the Cavalier:

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Heading into the shop:

DSC_0053.jpg

The result- an iPhone picture because I don't want to record in full quality the humor:

389818_615322473518_184701538_32684911_2090087671_n.jpg

The Cavalier, which may look even more ridiculous:

375164_615322398668_184701538_32684909_302615598_n.jpg

I put my winter floormats in today, anticipating snowfall tonight. The only thing left to do is fill up the washer fluid with the good winter stuff and buy an ice scraper.

Happy Winter.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Can-Am :lol:

The Cavalier rims dont look bad at all on Xena but Xena's rims look funny on the Cavalier.

I think it's so weird to me because I love my summer rims so so so much and haven't seen anything else on the car in so long. Also, these wheels are so straight-lined and my other ones are so smooth. It's getting better the more I see it but I still think it looks weird :lol:

Haha cute! I just made an appointment for our Land Rover to get a new windshield just in time for the snow falls, but we desperately need new tires...

Was the Cavalier hit from the side? And like the others have said, the rims don't look bad on Xena!

Haha cute! I just made an appointment for our Land Rover to get a new windshield just in time for the snow falls, but we desperately need new tires...

Was the Cavalier hit from the side? And like the others have said, the rims don't look bad on Xena!

Nope, there's actually nothing wrong with the Cavalier. The reflections on the side do make it look a little crazy though, haha. The only slight issue with the Cavalier is that it runs super rich but we just need to tune it. That's a nonissue though because by spring it'll just have a stock 2.2 back in it and it'll go up for sale.

I'm glad you guys think she looks okay with the Cavalier rims. I still think she looks hilarious :bowdown:

' date='Nov 14 2011, 01:05 PM' post='61826']

I'm surprised you didn't nab a set of steelies. Dirt cheap, and easy to fix with a hammer!

I much prefer the look of steelies but the ones I have are 15" not 16", and I didn't want to buy new wheels or tires when I had these good to go already. That and I will hopefully not have to worry about driving Xena next winter so investing in something new ultimately isn't worth it.

I'll admit the Sunfire never really caught my fancy - nothing against them, but I never got too excited over them - however I like Xena. :(

Thanks! She's a blast to drive. I always thought the last generation was the best looking Sunfire. I initially wanted a 96 Grand Prix but my grandfather insisted that my dad help me find something new. It only took me a couple years to pay her off and I'd say it was worth it! It's nice being her only owner so I know everything that has ever happened to her. I'm sure you can relate to that :)

I initially wanted a 96 Grand Prix but my grandfather insisted that my dad help me find something new. It only took me a couple years to pay her off and I'd say it was worth it! It's nice being her only owner so I know everything that has ever happened to her. I'm sure you can relate to that :(

I can. :)

I was looking for late-90's Acuras but my parents told me that was the 'wrong answer', and that they wanted me in something new/almost new. Starting with a blank slate, so to speak, is great.

Even with ol' Judge, if I don't know something relating to the car's history, I can just ask my parents. There are no mysteries.

I miss winter. :)

No snow in the forecast here, just more rain.

I SOooooooooo dont! 40 years of it and I have had my fill!

I HATE WINTER! ROAD SALT, COLD, DARK AT LIKE 4PM, AND SCHOOL.

I love to downhill ski and snowmobile. So let it snow. Let's get the cold, bone-chilling damp rain out of the way ASAP.

I'd ski in the summer too, but do you know how hard it is to find a lake with a hill in it? :)

I love to downhill ski and snowmobile. So let it snow. Let's get the cold, bone-chilling damp rain out of the way ASAP.

I'd ski in the summer too, but do you know how hard it is to find a lake with a hill in it? :)

Hahahahaha! I love downhill skiing and snowmobiling, too. I haven't skied in probably close to ten years and I'm starting up again this winter so we'll see how that goes! I haven't snowmobiled in almost as long and my dad still has his Polaris but we decided we need to sell it to fund the Fiero project. Snowmobiling has to be one of my all-time favorite things to do though!

We had some snow fall here already, about 3-4 inches, but it has since melted off. Back to a clean slate for the next random snowfall! Luckily my roommate let me drive the Rodeo on the day it was super snowy out so Xena hasn't had full-blown exposure to the stuff yet.

Mark: I'd tell you to come back but I know you can't, so come visit and we'll go skiing or something? :(

Winter for me is a tragedy.

-I don't ski.

-I don't own a snowmobile.

-No paintball. (unless I go to an indoor area, which all of them here play suck-ass pussy shit Speedball)

-Its not car season

-It's cold.

-School.

-Its so dark.

-I can't lay under the stars with my girlfriend with that warm summer breeze loving every moment of my youth.

-My car doesn't start.

-Salt

If the city didn't coat the roads in salt and rocks, I wouldn't mind winter.

I can't fully enjoy it knowing what my car is being subjected to. :nuts:

Car looks good man.

After getting a pair of sleds again last year and probably going to get another Mountain Cat this year, I can honestly say I'm excited for a few feet of snow.

I hate the years they used that dart, IMO that dart looks cheap and low quality. It always make me think if you cant even take pride in making a great logo/hood ornament whats the rest of the car like?!?!

DSC_0048.jpg

this is a G6 and more than likly too big but I wonder if a G5 one would fit.

33508590007_large.jpg

Not saying anything bad about your car I just feel let down on the quality of the dart thoues years.

The greatest time I've had skiiing and snowmobiling together was when I spent a week in Jackson, Wyoming. Spent most of the week skiing Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, and Snow King. As part of that week, we rented snowmobiles and spent a day sleding in Yellowstone National Park. Of coruse driving through Grand Teton National Park to get there was spectacular. I recommend this to everyone, put it on the bucket list. Yellowstone is still very much alive in the winter. My only regret was not spending two days snowmobiling in Yellowstone. Having wild moose walk through your condo's parking lot every day was interesting to say the least.

As for skiing in general, it got me out of the house during the winter and gave me a new skill. It is something fun to do all winter. I joined a ski club that gave free lessons to its members, and I have travelled extensively all over this county and abroad because of it. I've made a lot of friends along the way too. I've even helicopter skiied. So winter is what you make of it. Yes its dark and depressing, but it doesn't mean you can't have fun. You just have to learn to have a different kind of fun. If you look at Ski Magazine's Top 25 western ski resorts, I've skied 21 of them (Snowbasin UT, Schweitzer ID, Winter Park CO, and Mt Baker WA are the exceptions). Out east, I've skied 5 of the top 10 resorts there too. Perhaps this year I can get to Whiteface NY (i.e. Lake Placid). It's the only North American Winter Olympic site I have yet to ski.

• Founders
' date='Nov 15 2011, 11:58 PM' post='61938']

Same here. It gets dark out around 4:30pm. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The first day of the clocks being set back, 6pm felt like 10pm.

Feels bad, man.

:D

Not as bad here it probably gets dark around 5:30pm but still feels incredibly late at 6pm :lol:

I hate the years they used that dart, IMO that dart looks cheap and low quality. It always make me think if you cant even take pride in making a great logo/hood ornament whats the rest of the car like?!?!

DSC_0048.jpg

this is a G6 and more than likly too big but I wonder if a G5 one would fit.

33508590007_large.jpg

Not saying anything bad about your car I just feel let down on the quality of the dart thoues years.

Oh and :cheers: here too. It does have the weird '90s look to it where everything was dull.

That arrowhead IS cheap. It's cracked at the bottom, faded, and has some weird blemish I can't remove that almost looks like it melted. Weird. I'd like to find another arrowhead someday that fits the car better. Morgan put a Grand Prix dart on his; I like it because it just looks more "Pontiac" to me.

100_3594.jpg

However, I'm still looking into other options, or doing something creative with the one I already have.