Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTB: pontiac air cleaner

If anyone knows where i can get a 14" chrome air cleaner with "PONTIAC" stamped on it let me know i have been to ebay several times with no luck would look great with the pontiac valve covers i am gonna get. Frosty actually mentioned it in another thread of mine i have been lookin ever since here's a picture of it. And i found some 10" ones for $50 but i would like the larger one.

th_airclnr.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If anyone knows where i can get a 14" chrome air cleaner with "PONTIAC" stamped on it let me know i have been to ebay several times with no luck would look great with the pontiac valve covers i am gonna get. Frosty actually mentioned it in another thread of mine i have been lookin ever since here's a picture of it. And i found some 10" ones for $50 but i would like the larger one.

th_airclnr.jpg

It use to be a GM Performance part but it has either been discontinued or licensed through Proform. You can purchase a GM logoed air cleaner nut online. The Pontiac arrowhead nut is scarcer than hens teeth. I found the Pontiac logo air cleaner at a swap meet with lots of these cleaners. Buick, Olds, and Pontiac are hard to find. You'd think that GM only made Chevy parts since that is the only logoed items you readily find anymore. So go to well attended swap meets like Spring/Fall/GM Nationals at Carlisle, PA, Pontiac Nationals at Norwalk, OH, POCI and GTO conventions, Pontiac Heaven in AZ, etc. You might also find someone at your local swap meets - just don't expect to get it real cheap - it is still a chrome part.

Here is a small Pontiac logo air cleaner nut on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-GM-AIR-...=item439fdeccb4

Here are some other ideas too....

http://www.tinindianperformance.com/misc%2...iac%20parts.htm

Thanks guys i'll keep lookin i may end up settling for the 10" if i can't find the 14". Oh and the arrow head nut is cool and all but i kinda like this one betterth_lemansairclnrwingnut.jpg

• 2 months later...

So did you get your air cleaner nut? I ended up ordering one of the small Pontiac logo'd air cleaner nuts from eBay for $15.00.

Not yet been repainting the grills when i get some pictures up critique them give me some feed back on what you think.