Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 Grand Prix hood

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 8/20/2022 at 3:31 PM, Wrongway said:

Looking to buy a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix hood. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184569264797?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338590836&toolid=10044&customid=4b17ad63531e161dc00cce6745679124

lil rough, but looks straight.  You can shoot low balls on Ebay.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Justa, I'm sorry buddy I justa seen your post about eBay. I looked and it's still on there. I'm going to take a better look at it and maybe reach out to the guy.

• Haha 1

Frosty, yes sir I did reach out to Franks. They have a 63' full size hood for $295. I had them email me some more pictures and it looks good enough. I requested shipping info and they said due to the size it'll be truck freight and they don't handle that, but they will send me the info on the trucking company they recommend.

• Like 2

I'm about 2100 miles from Franks Kiwi. Yeah Justa that's my plan. I justa haven't had the time to try bending it again. Justa been too busy wrapping stuff up before the snow flies. 

• Like 2

I just a came across this on eBay. I requested pics but the 0 feed back is a real concern if I have to drive 10hr one way. If it’s legit, that would give me the hood and front bumper that I need. Not to mention other spare parts. What are thoughts? I’ll let you know if he sends me pics. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125586519802?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uzzhay8gta2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=DYh10Qa8TtS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 2

I found my front bumper that you see on the 64 on Craigslist LA. 
it was only $200, usd  and ended up costing near $600 by the time it got to me here in nz. But , it is straight , chrome is average . And when I win lotto , I will get it te chromed 👍hahaha 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Yeah, she's a little bent. Story goes, the guy that had her before me got a bit to close with his car trailer one day and hooked the bumper. So, another front bumper would be a bonus. If this guy is legit.

1 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Ten hours is a bit of a drive. However, well worth it over the 2100 miles to California if the parts pan out. I'd make an arrangement to meet him this weekend and have cash in hand just in case.

• Like 1

Yeah Frosty, that was my thoughts as well. The problem is that the guy hasn't responded to me on eBay.  So since I know nothing about facebook I had a buddy look up the shipping town from eBay and 63GP parts. We found the fellow. He has 4 adds up for GP parts all adds are different prices for the same parts. My buddy sent him a message and a friend request and still no answer. Some kind of commerce page on FB he looked at and said there's no activity. I'm starting to think this may be a scam, but my fingers are crossed that he still reaches out to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks guys. As soon as I finish my coffee I'm going to start unloading and taking pics. So, I asked this fella where he got these parts from because I didn't see any other parts or indicators that he was into our hobby. He says that his friend owns a self storage business. That somebody defaulted on their payment and his friend was cleaning out the storage unit when he came across these parts. He planned on taking them to the scrap yard. Don, the fella I got these from ,told him not to scrap them that somebody needed them and the guy told Don to take them if he wanted them. He also told me that he is supposed to be getting a 1978 Bonniville next month, so of course I told him about this forum and what a great group of people we have here. How as long as I've been here I've never seen any kind of negativity or shit talking to anybody and this group wouldn't tolerate it. That the people here were all about helping and supporting each other. He sounded interested and I gave them the website info, so we'll see what comes of it.

• Like 2