Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Little known Pontiac Mower Division

Fitzy

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Couple more things to remove and your into a "FRAME OFF"!!!!!  We expect the frame to be sandblasted, epoxy coated, [ or "chromed" ] dump the KAWOY for a 421 & Muncie 4 speed and a good set of "slicks " out back & OH YA wheely bars!!!

• Haha 2

If we all ignore Frosty, perhaps he'll stop the puns! Yeah, I doubt it too.

That's a tough looking little tractor, JustA. Solid & no nonsense. The modern smaller JDs don't have a good rep here - unfortunately it looks like they are depending on the green & yellow paint to sell them, which is a pity.  If you dig under the JD corporate colours, it's just a regular light duty domestic grass cutter - ideal for your neat suburban lawn. If you're on any sort of larger property with a bit tougher terrain, then best to look for something a bit more heavy duty, and I reckon that ol' tractor of yours will just about go forever. What's the engine?

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

If we all ignore Frosty, perhaps he'll stop the puns! Yeah, I doubt it too.

That's a tough looking little tractor, JustA. Solid & no nonsense. The modern smaller JDs don't have a good rep here - unfortunately it looks like they are depending on the green & yellow paint to sell them, which is a pity.  If you dig under the JD corporate colours, it's just a regular light duty domestic grass cutter - ideal for your neat suburban lawn. If you're on any sort of larger property with a bit tougher terrain, then best to look for something a bit more heavy duty, and I reckon that ol' tractor of yours will just about go forever. What's the engine?

It'sa,  1978  Kohler powered beast.  Think it's 15hp.   Have put alot of work in this thing.  It was in a rollover accident.  Ol guy rolled it in the ditch plowing his driveway. His SON all but gave it away to get it out of there.  Had many hours straightening the hood, grill, all supports.  Wasn't running, but quick check and a bunch of new wiring got er fired up.  While upsidedown the battery shorted out N melted the main harness.  Cleaned up pretty good, left the well deserved PATINA.  Picked up a 36in mower deck and removed the bent snowplow.  Took forever to get the correct drive belt for the mower and then to have probs running the deck while engauging the PTO.  Used this to pull stumps last summer.  This thing will move my house. Will dig into the PTO problem when spring hits and it gets warmer out.  This will be the workhorse for the Nothern property.  One I'm using will mow and keep the field knocked down, but won't move anything short of the small trailer to haul N stack firewood.  As you said MODERN JD"S are a joke and refered to as Home Depot mowers.  You can still get the real deal at a JD dealership.

• Like 1

You knew it was coming............   Was part of Gold Eagle products as a demonstrator.  The mower boys slipped in and screwed everything up.

DSC_0237.JPG

• Like 1

I'll have to post a pic of my little Greenfield - I never thought this was something i would ever be doing, especially after going balls deep in a Yank Tank resto. It's funny how life works out.

• Haha 2

So, for any lawn mower fans (how very sad if you are one, like me) if you haven't already done so, check out Taryl Fixes All on YouTube. If you're not in the loop, Taryl Dactyl is a mower mechanic and his clips are the perfect amalgam of blistering humour and good down to earth advice & techniques. Hilarious and yet informative viewing.

I used to think mowers were for other people, until I bought a place that needs some serious regular mowing. Now, I'm a fan. I really need to get out more and meet functioning humans.

• Like 2

A hotrod mower! Never seen such a thing but it looks great. The owner must have real social problems, like me. And the Doodlebug - I never knew such a thing existed. I will research it later but can only guess it was a very crude adaptation of straight assembly line parts - almost a precursor to the original LandRover.

I used to have a mid 60s ex Army Landie and believe me, it was only ever at home axle deep in mud in low range. They were essentially tractors that you could drive on the road. Underpowered, unforgiving rock hard suspension and the seats were 2" of padded cushion that were barely adequate for human backsides. BUT they really would go anywhere.

Great pics, Frosty. Thanks again.