Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

63 Grand Prix - 455

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Hey Ron, Welcome bro. Great to see another 63 GP man. Is your rear bumper painted silver or just "scotch brighted" to look satin?

Thanks, it is painted silver, I have a chromed one  in great condition, that I am waiting to receive the reverse light assemblies to install on the bumper first. I don't like the painted bumper.

Have a great weekend!

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

welcome Ron :welcomeFP:

Wide trackers rule:dancingpontiac::rofl::cheers:

Thank you... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the site.  Lotta great people to chat it up with and help with your probs OR  maybe you the info somebody else needs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Welcome to the site.  Lotta great people to chat it up with and help with your probs OR  maybe you the info somebody else needs.

Thank you JUSTA6

• Like 2

Ok cool. Where did you find the reverse lights man? I looked for a while with no luck? Any chance you have an extra front bumper that's justa taking up space lol? I actually came across a duel carb intake last week from what I was told was a 65' Buick Rivera 425 super wildcat engine. The car was beyond repair but I was able to talk the guy out of the intake. 

• Like 1

Yeah brother, I've traded with Franks in the past. I'll give them another look. I had all but given up on them and stopped looking last year. Justa moved on and never got back to them. Also, I will keep an eye out for the patch panels bro.

As far as the intake & carbs, that's kind of what I was thinking. It'll have to be completely rebuilt so I just need to figure out what's its worth and post it. I checked eBay the other night and didn't see any that I could use as a reference. 

Thanks for the info bro

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:51 AM, Wrongway said:

Ok cool. Where did you find the reverse lights man? I looked for a while with no luck? Any chance you have an extra front bumper that's justa taking up space lol? I actually came across a duel carb intake last week from what I was told was a 65' Buick Rivera 425 super wildcat engine. The car was beyond repair but I was able to talk the guy out of the intake. 

If you got the whole intake, carbs and linkage, you are a very smart man. Not a lot of people sprung for the 425 Super Wildcat Engine.

Denny Manner was the Mac McKellar for Buick Motor Division. He own's a Buick Riveria GS with the 425 Super Wildcat Engine! It is a rare piece of Buick performance.

• Like 1

Yes I have the intake and carbs. Maybe you can look and tell me if I'm missing anything and need to go back for. I thought about trying to work something out on the entire engine but I was in weeds and chiggers up past my waist. It would be probably a 4-6 hour job in those weeds to get the car pulled out far enough to pull the engine. Are they actually worth it Frosty? If so I may go back when it cools down and the chiggers all die! They seem to like me lol

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Frosty. I will be checking it out a bit closer.

Kiwi,,, They itch like hell bud!

"Chiggers hitch rides on people who walk through infested vegetation. They grab onto shoes or clothing and typically explore a host for several hours before choosing a place to feed. Chigger bites are most common in areas where clothing is tight or where skin is thinnest. Bites are most common at sites around sock lines on the ankles where socks fit tightly, around the waist and near the groin. Bites also may occur in other areas, including behind the knee and under the armpit.

Contrary to common belief, chiggers do not burrow into a host’s skin or suck blood. They pierce the skin with their sharp mouthparts and inject a digestive enzyme, disintegrating skin cells for food. Itching usually begins within 3 to 6 hours after an initial bite, followed by development of reddish areas and sometimes clear pustules or bumps. As the skin becomes red and swollen, it may completely envelop the feeding chigger, making it appear that the chigger has burrowed into the host’s skin. Itching typically peaks at 24 to 48 hours after chigger bites occur, but redness and itching may persist for a week or more for some people."

Ron, I'm sorry we got off topic and I high jacked your tread bud. My apologies sir.

• Sad 1

Well if it is a really rare piece of unobtanium Buick or Pontiac parts, I would risk bug bites to retrieve it. 

Is the whole motor salvageable Wrongway or is it too far gone? I believe the Buick nailhead valve covers were aluminum too.

• Like 2

I believe that it could be rebuilt, and yes they are aluminum. I've got those also frosty. The car has been sitting and is non restorable, but the hood has been closed.

image.thumb.png.93adf54b2574a93db7df62403217975a.png

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 2

As long as the cylinder heads or the block is not cracked.. Even if is locked up...It would be absolutely rebuildable... But it wouldn't be cheap....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

well wrongway looks like you justA have to go back and get that engine mate... if its rare, its your job to save it !!!... maybe a bath in bug spray first, then full ppe kit !!! hahaha:rofl:

• Like 2