Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

secondary power to the light switch 66 pontiac bonne

Can't seem to decipher the wiring schematic for my 66 Pontiac Bonneville. Specifically the headlight wiring. There is supposed to be 2 sources for power, one for the front park lights and head lights via the big red wire going to it. It energizes first the purple wire to the front park lights on the first click out and then the blue wire to the dimmer switch on the second click out.  That part is fine but, the other half of the switch is supposed to energize the instrument panel on both 1st and 2nd clicks, which basically connects the brown and white wire to the double green on the headlight switch. The brwn and wht wire goes to the center part of the fuse block and the brwn wire to the front park lights is fused off of it and also fused off of it is the drk green wire which goes to the rheostat connection #3 and jumped off of that is a green wire to the ignition lamp. There is no supply of power in the fuse box to the headlight switch with these wires and as I mentioned before, the headlight swich merely connects the brn/wht wire to the drk grn. All that being taken in, WHERE does the power come from? ANYBODY?( for the inst. panel lights). Hopefully the schematic I upload will provide the information for someone else to figure out my dilema.  Thanks, Bud. P/S. 65 is the same as 66

65 wiring scm..jpg

pont wire 65 pt 1.jpg

headsw1.jpg

head light switch.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

In case no one wants to tackle my previous post. I'm providing the schematic with the wires colored so they can be traced easily. Thanks again for any input. I'd like to wire it properly but, I fear I'll have to jury rig it somewhere unless Someone finds the answer. Bud

1111171055.jpg

1111171100.jpg

• Ringo64 changed the title to secondary power to the light switch 66 pontiac bonne

This is the actual GM pontiac manual from 1965..I know you said yours is a 66 and said 65 Was the same..Took photos with phone hope you can see them OK..Thought might help you in your quest for secondary power source...

1510427547263-718380303.jpg

15104276347361111689157.jpg

15104276680061126474306.jpg

1510427714726-786973128.jpg

1510427765750-456140536.jpg