Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

64 kiwi boni's 1964 Bonneville

2023 February
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Might be in Massachusetts

Ringo64

• Founders

Well my mom just sprang this on me but I might be going to Massachusetts with her to visit my Grandpa! The good news is I'll be there for a week in August, the bad news is I won't have a car of any sorts :( but thank god that there are some bars within walking distance of my Grandpas house and I shall be 21 by the time we go so if anyone wants to come to Chicopee, Mass and chill with Ringo for a day, I'll keep you updated if we go!

Right now we're trying to use some of our frequent flyer discounts but Continental is being retarded and not allowing us to use them on a one way then purchase a one way back. :(

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Driving directions to Chicopee, MA - 2 hours 1 min

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

:(

Wednesdays and every other Sunday is good for me and maybe we can turn this into a meet. :(

• Founders

Sweet!!! I'll keep in touch and let you know exact dates if they go through. My moms looking at September now but I'm goin to try and force August so I can still go for a week.

Hmmm. I dunno what I'm doing yet. But if we can get a meet together for the occasion, I'd totally be down.

Joe, see if there's any car shows going on, and I'll bring along my club, New Image. We love road trips!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founders

Bad news, my dad is being weird these last couple days and even though we worked it out that I would be flying out for FREE, he still is against me going up there because "food" will be too expensive. Ughh my dad is turning into a total nazi on me doing anything, he complains when I just sit around but when I try and do something he yells at me for wasting gas, money or my time. Here I am sacrificing my college life to live at home and save us money and I get shit taken out on me. My sister gets to go on a cruise, live in Orlando and all this other crap and I get to sit at home and do nothing...

[/rant]

Don't take this the wrong way Jimmy...

But you need to man up, and stand up for yourself. If you don't break this vice they have over you, good luck trying to move out.

• Founders
' date='Jul 5 2010, 07:52 PM' post='31785']

Don't take this the wrong way Jimmy...

But you need to man up, and stand up for yourself. If you don't break this vice they have over you, good luck trying to move out.

Believe me, my dad is regretting every step of schooling and allowing me to go into the Engineering field because I logically fight everything he says no to but anything short of me saying "Fuck you, I'm going!" (which I'd never do because I do respect and love my dad and feel that is nothing I should ever say) I'll never get through to this man. My thought is this has just happened since my sister has gotten engaged and moved in with her bf so my dad is trying to control me more because he's angry at my sister which honestly none of it makes sense to me so don't make me explain it lol.

I feel the reason my dad is not letting me go is a lot deeper then financials because hell if I need to pay for food for a week I have some money from scholarships to. He's just in one of those weird moods and don't get me started on how its a month till my birthday and he won't let me have ONE beer with him especially yesterday then when I'm going to have a party he's going to let 2 of my 19 and 20 year old friends drink here. :) I'm just dumbfounded... especially a year ago he let me have wine and beers (plural!) at special occasions and such.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.