Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sig & avatar rules and how to thread

Sigs and avatars may have no offensive text or images!!! For example no nude pics & racially offensive material ect. If any of the sig and avatar rules are broken the board staff reserves the right to take down the violation without notice if they choose to. All off site links in your sig must fall under the sites rules for off site links. The maximum size a sig pic can be is 600x150 pixels and may not be any larger than 230 KB. All animated sigs can use any number of frames as long as it keeps within the KB size rule. Your sig can use a maximum of 1000 characters including any coding you may use. Avatars maximum size is 150x150pixels and may not be any larger than 50 KB.

Sig rules

If your using a sig pic 600x150 you can have three links and a total of two lines of text including the links line. All the links must be on one line.

Please use the default size text or smaller and keep it neat and tidy. If your using any links the link or links must use the link to text format.

Example:

....... Progression & Pics thread ..................... FP.com on Facebook ....................... My Facebook .......

Untitled-1sigcopy.jpg

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY&Z NOW I KNOW MY ABC'S WONT YOU ALL SING ALONG WITH ME.

.............................................................................................. or .................................................................................................

If you want more than two line of text your sig pics maximum size can only be 600x100. You still may only have three links and a total of four lines of text including the links line. All the links must be on one line. Please use the default size text or smaller and keep it neat and tidy. If your using any links the link or links must use the link to text format.

Example: (thanks 1BADG6GT)

....... Cardomain ........................... My Custom G6 progression ............................ Myspace .......

1260113682.jpg

Mods: Tint-15%F 5%R, Racingline STB, CMS Springs, Debadged, Tinted Tails, Res. Delete, Injen CAI, Blacked HL's, AIT Body Kit, AIT Hood, AIT CF

Mods: Tint-15%F 5%R, Racingline STB, CMS Springs, Debadged, Tinted Tails, Res. Delete, Injen CAI, Blacked HL's, AIT Body Kit, AIT Hood, AIT CF

THESE ARE ALL VERY GENEROUS RULES AND SPECS PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM!!!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

How to post your sig.

On the top right side of any page is a link "My Controls" click on it. That will take you to your board controls page.

On the left side half way down you will see "Edit Signature" click on that link. Now your on your sig setup page.

You can now paste your sig pic, links and texts you choose into the block provided within the specs I provided above.

Here is the how to on posting pics I provided in the "How to post photos thread" As this does pertain to your sig as well. LINK

Now that you have set up your sig all you have to do is hit the "Update my Signature" button. This will also give you a preview of what you have done. So if you need to fix anything you can do so without the site navigating you away after wards.

A common question is how do I do text to link formatting and link to pic formatting ?

Here is the coding you will need to input to do text to link.

your link here] your text here

Here is the coding you will need to input to do pic to link.

your link here] your photo link here with the image coding

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

How to post your Avatar.

On the top right side of any page is a link "My Controls" click on it. That will take you to your board controls page.

On the left side half way down you will see "Edit Avatar settings" click on that link. Now your on your avatar setup page.

Paste into the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" line from your Photobucket.com page without the img coding. (You don't need that coding the site will add it for you.)

Now just click "Update my Avatar" Once again this will also give you a preview of what you have done. So if you need to fix anything you can do so without the site navigating you away afterward.

The site will will scale the image down for you if it's too big in pixel size. If your image isn't square to start with it may look distorted. So I suggest any image you want to use is scaled correctly to start with before uploading it.

.............................................................................................. or .................................................................................................

You can also use the "Upload a new image from your computer" instead if you do not have a Photobucket.com account yet.

Just hit "Browse" and locate the image you want to use on your PC.

Click on open once you have located the desired file.

Then click "Update my Avatar" This will also give you a preview of what you have done if you need to fix anything.

The site will will scale the image down for you if it's too big in pixel size. Once again if your image isn't square to start with it may look distorted. So I suggest any image you want to use is scaled correctly to start with before uploading it.

let the staff know if you need any further assistance. :D

rule update: 1/21/2010

The ForeverPontiac.com staff can have this extra link in there sig. To help promote the forum rules & guidelines.

Forum rules & guidelines please read!

• 1 year later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!