Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Evolution of Torrent

Stock from dealership

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

Mods before first payment - K&N drop-in filter, Rebadged and Red Lettering, Painted Headlights, Painted Calipers, HID headlights and fogs.

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

Other mods - Tinted Tails and 22" DIP Wheels ICE with Nexen Tires

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0621.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the wheels. IMO, the stockers had a much cleaner look.

The rest of the Torrent looks great. Any engine mods in mind? There's a lot of potential in the LY7 motor.

' date='May 10 2010, 09:26 PM' post='24342']

Not a fan of the wheels. IMO, the stockers had a much cleaner look.

I must dissagree.... there are some stockers that are worth keeping and those were not some of them... just like mine... I swapped from the chrometechs my GT came with to the ones I have on now, which are being swapped wih the 18" GTP's soon... On the G6 the only stocks that are worth keeping are the GTP's... just my .02

I still have the stockers. I had no issues with the stockers. I just wanted a bigger rim. And I didnt want Chrome so I went with the machined/black rims.

im likin the wheels! i think they are a great choice! the stockers are too blah for me. but then again, i am not really a stock rim kinda person unless they are painted like the goat wheels on crismon's ride.

keep up the good work!

Thanks. I am trying to figure out some larger brakes. Looking into other Pontiacs. Think the calipers look too small with larger rims on it now.

Thanks. I am trying to figure out some larger brakes. Looking into other Pontiacs. Think the calipers look too small with larger rims on it now.

I know the Cobalt Brembos fit on the G6... IDK about the torrent though.... and Chaos can help more with this one but even Corvette calipers fit on some pontiacs...

• Founders

Looks great, I think the rims look good. The stockers do look good them self but I think the aftermarket looks a lot better

I know the Cobalt Brembos fit on the G6... IDK about the torrent though.... and Chaos can help more with this one but even Corvette calipers fit on some pontiacs...

The Torrent/Equinox already have a dual piston caliper up front. And actually, the bracket is the same as the dual piston calipers off of 98-02 F-bodies, 04-06 GTOs, 05-06 GXP GPs and 97-04 C5 Corvettes. So you could technically use those front calipers off of those cars. You may even be able to keep the same rotor size since those calipers are the same size as the existing dual pistons you have.

But if you want to take it further, they make Brembo kits for the GTO, and Corvette. While you could use the caliper, you'll need a bigger rotor, and I'm not exactly sure where you're going to get those. To boot, using much bigger Brembos could be too much strain on the stock master cylinder. Again, you might me looking at a custom one off master cylinder to handle the pressure from a set of four or six piston Brembo brakes.

*drops to knees and cries*

*runs outside and yells at my torrent, WHY CANT YOU BE PRETTY LIKE THAT*

i love the paint, i love the tails, i love the headlights, i love the front clip, i love the no roof racks, not a huge fan of the huge rims but im just not a huge rim fan to begin with

looking good!

*drops to knees and cries*

*runs outside and yells at my torrent, WHY CANT YOU BE PRETTY LIKE THAT*

:willy_nilly::rolleyes::lol2:

That is the SUV i have been looking for... oh wow

love the whole thing!

did you paint those headlights yourself?

Yeah, put them in the oven to soften glue and removed glass then chrome piece. Applied some black paint and put in oven again to reseal.

what did you do to black out the tail lights?

I didn't see too much of a shine to the tails, I'm gonna say he used VHT Niteshades.

But I'd use clearcoat with the niteshades, so they'll have a glossy finish to them.

' date='May 11 2010, 10:34 PM' post='24521']

I didn't see too much of a shine to the tails, I'm gonna say he used VHT Niteshades.

But I'd use clearcoat with the niteshades, so they'll have a glossy finish to them.

Yeah it was VHT nightshade. I put one layer of clear on it but i want to sand it down to a smooth finish and reclear.

that is one CLEAN GXP torrent. GEEZ that looks good. i wouldn't change a thing you have done (maybe 20s instead of 22s but thats hardly a con to your vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...