Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey guys

i was just wondering if anyone had any information for me as to where i could find a lowering kit or if there are springs i could use from another vehicle to bring mine down..

i dont wanna slam it by any means but if i could down her by 1-2 inches to give it more of a wagon look (photoshop proven) i think it would look a lot better!

any help would be awesome thanks!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, there isn't any sort of lowering springs for the Torrent. If anything, see what suspension options there are.

I know the Equinox Sport has a different suspension setup, as well as a slick exhaust setup which would look great on the Torrent.

yeah i have been looking like mad.. only suspension i can find is OE fit and spec..

hard to find any bolt on mods for this car.. good thing though i love a challenge!

although.. i suppose the equinox is almost exactly the same never thought about parts for it or from it

cut a coil or 2 off your springs.

NO. If not properly done, and it almost never is, it totally destroys the spring rate.

yeah i have been looking like mad.. only suspension i can find is OE fit and spec..

hard to find any bolt on mods for this car.. good thing though i love a challenge!

although.. i suppose the equinox is almost exactly the same never thought about parts for it or from it

Yeah, you might be running into a wall suspension-wise.

Engine-wise, there is hope for you, the LNJ is a variation of the LA1, and if you're serious about it, you could have ported heads and UIM and LIMs made up. An intake and exhaust to boot does wonders for the 60*V6's.

Check out these two sites for possibilities on engine mods:

WOT-Tech.com

60inclusive.com

Best two performance companies for our engines. Period.

cut a coil or 2 off your springs.

i have been there done that, as well as just heating springs

and it does work awesome.. for a while

i would rather just clamp the coils though if it came down to it

mainly if i could find spring from another car with the same diameter and about an inch or 2 shorter would be plenty happy

thanks guys

Do NOT clamp the coils!

You'll have a harsh ride, and half the time, the clamps give out under the load. I've seen what they can do when they break. Not pretty.

Keep searching around for drop springs, but like I said, more options may be available under an Equinox, especially for the Sport version (they're LY7 powered, very delicious)

haha no worries.. i have no plans on cutting the coils.. i have been playing this game long enough to know how much that sucks..

the only reason i considered clamps is because my first car already had clamps when i got it..

and for the amount i horsed on it, especially at autocross i was impressed that i never once had a problem

im going to see if i can get a hold of some equinox sport springs and take some measurements.. also not sure on the set up of the montana vans but they seem to be a bit lower to.. might try and take some measurements there

im just confused why you want to lower an SUV. if I had an SUV all i would be thinking about was audio and maybe a brush guard so i could smoke a deer and just keep driving

im just confused why you want to lower an SUV. if I had an SUV all i would be thinking about was audio and maybe a brush guard so i could smoke a deer and just keep driving

its front wheel drive.. its useless as an SUV, everything about it is car like..

like i said im not looking at slamming it.. im looking for a 1 to 2 inch drop to cover up some of the much uneeded wheel gap and to give it that extra.. "well thats different" look without it being completely diferent

• 3 months later...

haha no worries.. i have no plans on cutting the coils.. i have been playing this game long enough to know how much that sucks..

the only reason i considered clamps is because my first car already had clamps when i got it..

and for the amount i horsed on it, especially at autocross i was impressed that i never once had a problem

im going to see if i can get a hold of some equinox sport springs and take some measurements.. also not sure on the set up of the montana vans but they seem to be a bit lower to.. might try and take some measurements there

dont forget the Torrent GXP suspension, same as the Equinox Sport. I also read that Vue Redline has a drop kit from Eichbak that can fit. :lol2:

me, i'm looking for a lift kit to raise it 2" or 3"

• 10 months later...

The Saturn is sick! Any update on if the Redline's springs will work on the Torrent. I would love to stiffen the suspension up and eliminate some gap at the same time