Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Dyeing the interior in the GA

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bottom half is plastic, im not dyeing that. the top, i guess is vinyl, this is what i want to dye...dash too. but shouldnt dye be absorbed and not stick?

Some updates from this evening..Gotta run out tomorrow and get more Black Fusion to finish the rest...The radio trim and fog trim still need painted..

101_1833.jpg

101_1834.jpg

101_1835.jpg

101_1836.jpg

101_1837.jpg

101_1841.jpg

more to come tomorrow..

nice job there! i tried to dye my vinyl door panels on my eclipse but wasn't too successful. the dye came off within a couple of weeks. kind of sucked. so i just had the door panels and whole interior wrapped. lol.

as for the plastic and painting it, it is very good to scuff it. paint does stick a lot better. Ghost, take Grims advise. it does work. :) it even works better to scuff your tail lights when painting them with the nightshade. thats how the paint sticks so well.

great job grims again. keep up the good work

nice job there! i tried to dye my vinyl door panels on my eclipse but wasn't too successful. the dye came off within a couple of weeks. kind of sucked. so i just had the door panels and whole interior wrapped. lol.

as for the plastic and painting it, it is very good to scuff it. paint does stick a lot better. Ghost, take Grims advise. it does work. :) it even works better to scuff your tail lights when painting them with the nightshade. thats how the paint sticks so well.

great job grims again. keep up the good work

someone on G6P sometime ago said that it should be absorbed since its dye not paint. for plastic and painting, i sand. but since my top half is not plastic, leaving scratches will probably be noticeable.

• 3 years later...

Nice trim. You have inspired me to do the same with my interior door panels. What grit of sandpaper you use on the trim? Have you ever thought about upgrading your speedometer to white-face gauges or glow gauges, and peeling the skins off your climate control knobs?

Nice trim. You have inspired me to do the same with my interior door panels. What grit of sandpaper you use on the trim? Have you ever thought about upgrading your speedometer to white-face gauges or glow gauges, and peeling the skins off your climate control knobs?

Please pay attention to the time stamps, please. This thread is three years old, and the OP hasn't been active here in quite awhile.

I do know that you can make the control knobs clear by boiling them and the rubber peels off. Also: the ones from Buick Centurys, 2002-2005 are clear when cleaned, if you don't want red.