Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New Here!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Forever Pontiac! Got any pics of Ruby??

Where abouts do you live in Mass?

Thanks!!!

I am around the Attleboro/Taunton area!

still trying to figure out how to post pics!!

I have one that I have in photobucket and putting it in now!

Ahh I see so you live in the south eastern part of MA. I live in Granville, which is in Hampden County, about a 20 min drive from Springfield :lol2:

also link images using the [im.g](Image URL Here)[/im.g] tags! (Without the periods)

Ahh I see so you live in the south eastern part of MA. I live in Granville, which is in Hampden County, about a 20 min drive from Springfield :lol2:

ahh ok..my sister lives out in the Feeding Hills area! just out that way for the Thanksgiving weekend!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac!

Clean for it's age, have anything in mind for it?

I used to live out in MA back in the day, I moved out at the end of summer in 1999. I lived in Stoneham, in Middlesex County.

' timestamp='1353976105' post='76805']

Welcome to Forever Pontiac!

Clean for it's age, have anything in mind for it?

I used to live out in MA back in the day, I moved out at the end of summer in 1999. I lived in Stoneham, in Middlesex County.

Thanks Chaosweaver!

No plans for her yet..i hear you can get a super-charger set up..may look into that after the holidays are over!! nice to meet you!

Thanks Chaosweaver!

No plans for her yet..i hear you can get a super-charger set up..may look into that after the holidays are over!! nice to meet you!

The only supercharger kits available (good ones) are the Eaton kits, and that's if somebody sells their old kit.

If you really want to squeeze power from the LA1, you need to go turbo. Either way, you'll need big pockets and a lot of patience and time. On average, I've seen +$6000 dumped into turbo builds, you'll see around 300-330 WHP if done right, which still isn't a lot.

Only one Grand Am has cracked the 12's, and that was a turbo LD9 powered SE coupe. (The 2.4L DOHC I4 engine in the 99-01 GASE models) that car made around 430 WHP, and A LOT of time and money invested.

My honest opinion, intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels are better investments for these cars.

' timestamp='1353978428' post='76828']

The only supercharger kits available (good ones) are the Eaton kits, and that's if somebody sells their old kit.

If you really want to squeeze power from the LA1, you need to go turbo. Either way, you'll need big pockets and a lot of patience and time. On average, I've seen +$6000 dumped into turbo builds, you'll see around 300-330 WHP if done right, which still isn't a lot.

Only one Grand Am has cracked the 12's, and that was a turbo LD9 powered SE coupe. (The 2.4L DOHC I4 engine in the 99-01 GASE models) that car made around 430 WHP, and A LOT of time and money invested.

My honest opinion, intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels are better investments for these cars.

Thanks for the tip Chaos! I was thinking along the lines of tires/exhaust/KN filter setup....pockets are not too deep at the moment...besides, she only has 69,600 miles on the mill right now...barely broken in....

Thanks for the tip Chaos! I was thinking along the lines of tires/exhaust/KN filter setup....pockets are not too deep at the moment...besides, she only has 69,600 miles on the mill right now...barely broken in....

Get a CAI, the stock airbox is restrictive and junk. Getting a K&N drop in is a waste of cash.

Tires? For the stockers just stick with a good set of all seasons. Toyo Extensa HPs are great for the money. Save the sticky, performance tires for an aftermarket set of wheels.

' timestamp='1354070962' post='76889']

Get a CAI, the stock airbox is restrictive and junk. Getting a K&N drop in is a waste of cash.

Tires? For the stockers just stick with a good set of all seasons. Toyo Extensa HPs are great for the money. Save the sticky, performance tires for an aftermarket set of wheels.

thanks Chaos...the CAI a good setup?

Honestly, the CAI setups on eBay work fine, just replace the lame filters they come with, with a K&N cone filter. You'll need to get into the left front wheel well to install the third piece of the intake setup.

' timestamp='1354146771' post='76930']

Honestly, the CAI setups on eBay work fine, just replace the lame filters they come with, with a K&N cone filter. You'll need to get into the left front wheel well to install the third piece of the intake setup.

cool..is it time consuming to do?? or just a pain in the butt to get into wheel well?

cool..is it time consuming to do?? or just a pain in the butt to get into wheel well?

Maybe the first time you do it but after you learn where all the push pins and bolts are it is a piece of cake.

And Considering the time of the year grab snows for the stock rims and then spring time get some nicer summer tires for the aftermarket rims.

Previously stated just stick with light modding of this car. It gets expensive quick and the results are sub par when you could just buy a v8 F-body and drop a little $$ in and run 1 second faster.

I on the other hand caught the modding bug and learned on this car and I must complete this car but I love it so I think every penny I'm spending on it is worth it. I wouldn't ever think of getting rid of it.

Edit: oh and welcome fellow GAGT onwer!!