Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey Everyone!!!

I just happened upon this site and it looks pretty cool. I'm from North Dakota and I attend the University of North Dakota. I own a 2008 Pontiac G5, which I bought in 2009 for a steal. I've been slowly changing the appearance of my 5 and I have had a lot of fun. Any other Pontiac fans near Grand Forks?

Few pics of the 5:

IMAG03521024x612.jpg

IMAG03391024x608.jpg

IMAG03611024x599.jpg

IMAG03751024x612.jpg

IMAG02891024x5962.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spy a GrafX decal :D

:welcomeFP::welcomeFP:

Oh yes, I love getting decals from there haha. I have door sill decals,that giant Pontiac banner, G5club.net decals on the windows and a carbon fiber arrowhead overlay. I'll probably get more eventually.

Welcome to Forever Pontiac! Well, err...again. :welcomeFP:

He's already heard my thoughts on things.

Not really a fan of the mods and such, but glad to see another member aboard. Let the others on your G5 site know about us, we're sparse on Pontiac Cobalt- err, G5 members. :welcomeFP:

' date='Oct 16 2011, 11:40 PM' post='60419']Pontiac Cobalt- err, G5 members. :welcomeFP:

Yeah we are also low on Pontiac Novas..err I mean... Apollos... oh wait no.... Omegas?... Venturas! Uhhh ehhh Phoenixes!!!

I bought the stripes because I wanted to try something different and set my car apart from all of the other cobalt/G5's in town. I plan on keeping them till they wear out then I'm going to cover the roof in either black vinyl or carbon fiber vinyl. I also need to get the side skirts and rear bumper valance to finish off the Gt look.

welcome what rims are those???

Those would be the stock steelies with the stock hubcaps. I just painted them like that because I can't afford new rims. But they look much better painted because of the stripes.

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Good looking G5! Only thing I would suggest is if you like the vinyl keep it looking good as stuff tends to fade/peel/ware after a while :welcomeFP:

IMO stay away from fake carbon fiber, I think it just looks cheap and has no benefits but it's your car bud do what you want :D

i would be weary of the stripes coming off later as they may look different with paint fade later. IMO id get rid of em but its your car but just food for thought.

nice looking little red elf ya got there.

i would be weary of the stripes coming off later as they may look different with paint fade later. IMO id get rid of em but its your car but just food for thought.

nice looking little red elf ya got there.

My door guards were on the car for 3 years and after I waxed the area, it was impossible to see a difference in paint color, so I think it will be fine.

' date='Oct 17 2011, 08:39 PM' post='60470']

CF vinyl? Black roof? Please...don't rice out the car anymore.

Different =/= tasteful

Save your pennies for mods worthwhile: intake, exhaust, wheels, suspension.

Everyone keeps saying that the stripes make it rice. I don't see how stripes are rice; I don't have some crappy graphics on the side with a whole bunch of random badges, or chrome molding all over it. I don't even have a crappy exhaust, those shitty yellow lights or an exaggerated body kit. I'm just trying to make my car look like a stock GT model that has a few appearance mods to make it look unique. I guess I should have just stopped after the Evo mod lol.

I do want to get the Eibach Pro Kit though, I think lowering it a little would help the cornering a bit. I'm not going to touch the performance mods until my powertrain warranty goes out. Someday I'll make it a better drivers car, but I need to get out of college first.

Welcome! :agreed: I think it looks pretty good. Not a fan of the stripes, however, everything else isn't too bad. I had the same PONTIAC banner on the back of my G6 when I had it.

BTW, the paint job on the stock wheels looks good! haha

• Founders

Everyone keeps saying that the stripes make it rice. I don't see how stripes are rice; I don't have some crappy graphics on the side with a whole bunch of random badges, or chrome molding all over it. I don't even have a crappy exhaust, those shitty yellow lights or an exaggerated body kit. I'm just trying to make my car look like a stock GT model that has a few appearance mods to make it look unique. I guess I should have just stopped after the Evo mod lol.

Not to be harsh but to an extent all appearance mods are Rice, standard definition of rice is that form outweighs function thus if there is no function to something it's rice but we all have appearance mods because some do look good. It's just a matter of knowing what looks good and not. What you stated is the obvious rice :agreed:

To me the stripes aren't horrible but I would have spaced them a bit further apart. As for the roof and fake CF I think that's rice due to the whole point of CF is for the weight reduction not the look IMO. Feel free to take or leave what I say as it's your car feel free to do what you want just thought I'd offer my opinion on the subject :lol:

Not to be harsh but to an extent all appearance mods are Rice, standard definition of rice is that form outweighs function thus if there is no function to something it's rice but we all have appearance mods because some do look good. It's just a matter of knowing what looks good and not. What you stated is the obvious rice :agreed:

To me the stripes aren't horrible but I would have spaced them a bit further apart. As for the roof and fake CF I think that's rice due to the whole point of CF is for the weight reduction not the look IMO. Feel free to take or leave what I say as it's your car feel free to do what you want just thought I'd offer my opinion on the subject :lol:

Ok that makes sense now, I just never had that explained to me lol. The stripes came pre-spaced so I couldn't do anything about that but I should have ordered the 8" instead of the 6"stripes. I would really like to remove that xm radio antenna though, the manufacturer didn't center it so it looks funny.

Rice is form over function. Basically, if it doesnt enhance the car's performance directly (99% of all exterior mods) it's rice. What I've noticed is most people get touché when THEIR car falls under the claim of being rice. Everybody loves to point it out on other cars, but will make excuses for rice on their car, because they don't like being called a ricer for having rice mods on their car.

My point? Rice is what it is. But it's your car, mod as you please. But DON'T try and say your exterior mods (the stripes, etc) aren't rice. That's when you look like a hypocrite.