Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Another Newbie Here!

' timestamp='1353902599' post='76767']

Nice.

But what the hell? Your phone is ancient with that resolution detail. :lol:

It's barely a year old....but it is a flip phone........find me a "Smart Phone" that will live thru drops off of ladders and scafold (several sections high) and is dust and water resistant, is no bigger than a open flip phone, and I will buy it. LOL!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

It's barely a year old....but it is a flip phone........find me a "Smart Phone" that will live thru drops off of ladders and scafold (several sections high) and is dust and water resistant, is no bigger than a open flip phone, and I will buy it. LOL!

Get a DROID RAZR Maxx. Stock Gorilla glass and Kevlar casing means its water and damage resistant. Plus the best battery life and OS you can buy ever on a smartphone ;). I can go 3 days on one charge with heavy use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Get a DROID RAZR Maxx. Stock Gorilla glass and Kevlar casing means its water and damage resistant. Plus the best battery life and OS you can buy ever on a smartphone ;). I can go 3 days on one charge with heavy use.

sad asd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, the Andriod OS is superior to the iOS. People seem to forget the fact that when you buy Apple you aren't buying a necessarily superior product, but a name. Since iPhones have a cult following Apple has no problem jacking up the price and tricking people into thinking its better. Mainly hipsters.

>hipsters

lul

I like my iPhone 4 for it's simplicity mainly. I use the internet a lot on it, and it does that very well. I don't need endless customizations, it's a phone. I have my wallpapers, I take pics, I message people, I have my custom ringtones. I'll save the fancy customization for a computer.

• Founders

iOS/Apple is all really marketing that the media has grabbed to make it the "it" thing. If it wasn't for that attention and pure price point of saying "Herp, derp I own an iPhone" it would have never become what it is today. Why I mention their marketing is because all their commercials make it seem like they are the very first company to have this "feature" on their phone, computer, whatever, and in fact they are the very last to always get something. Apple were good engineers, don't get me wrong, it's just in the last 8+ years or so they've completely washed out to this, ironically since the birth of the iPhone and this phenomenon took off :lol:

There is nothing wrong about liking the iPhone, it's just the complete mindless following and saying it is the best technological thing out there that really grinds my gears. I think the best person to sum this up is my Aunt. She has about the average person's tech skills and she went from an Android OS HTC EVO2 to an iOS iPhone 5 and has been hoping it has just been a learning curve but she hates the pure lack of everything on the iPhone. After about 3 weeks with the iPhone 5 she has to carry around her old EVO to accomplish everything she wants to in her day. She would have returned the iPhone if she could but locked in with the contract. I wish I could have recorded the conversation I had with her the other day about how lacking in every way the iPhone was. You never know what you're missing till you try something else I guess :D

Thanks for all the input on the phones guys.....my contract comes due in March so I will be shopping around/comparing phones. I'll pay closer attention to resolution this time.too. As I am a contractor/builder, I often take a lot of pictures of jobs in progress as well as completed jobs. I carry a pretty decent digital camera for that stuff.....I just need prints to put in my "Scrap Book of Projects" so it works well for me for it's intended use.....so I thought if I could email a picture from my flip phone to my computer it would be a start......the problem for me is getting it from the camera to a site like this or into photo bucket that's the PITA for me......putting them on the computer....saving them to a file.....(which I still don't understand completely) up loading etc.......PITA...PITA ....PITA....I'm just not a computer guy....I usually have to ask the wife to help me with this.........she can and knows all this stuff but a lot of times she isn't around when I want to do it, or is too busy with something else.....I have been trying to learn all this stuff....so if I buy a new phone , is there a way to just take a picture and then send it straight to photo bucket or this site with out having to go thru 2 or 3 other steps first?????

Cool...I can't wait for March now :drool: ...........until then you'll have to put up with my crappy pictures. :picard:

One more question.......is it possible to list both The Bird and The Hawk in my profile? I tried to put both in and it wouldn't let me......told me it was too many characters......... :unsure:

OK, got the picture with both added to the garage........ :stars: but there may be a garage posting out there with out a picture though.... :picard:

so now, how in the $$%#%@$##@&&**@&^#%$@&@^@&@*^@^@*!!!!!! do I modify my "sig"???????????? :wacko::willy_nilly:

To edit your signature:

On the top of the screen, click on your username to bring up the options menu, then click on "my settings".

38A62327-1DFC-4BBE-BCC2-2B34BA278339-2826-00000214257BDAAC.jpg

In this menu, you'll see a list of selections to your left. Click on "signature"

498604FA-CF9C-4905-86AC-3363C45D825F-2826-0000021428A16B5C.jpg

You'll see the text box to enter in what you want in your sig. When done, just click "save changes"

29BAF294-5348-474C-8C4E-547A295E32D6-2826-000002142A88A883.jpg

THANK YOU! chaosweaveR! :bowdown: I am sorry to admit that I need such a basic, elementary explanation, but that is exactly what I needed....once I've been through it once or twice it usually sticks.......Thanks Ghost for your input as well. I will get to work on modifing my sig ASAP but first......Today I just figured out I can email a photo from my phone directly to my photobucket album!!! :bacon: So in celebration of this apiphany, here is a picture of the Bird, sporting the WS6 Ram AIr hood....

E41A0515-1.jpg

Now how's this for a picture? Maybe this would be a good garage picture?

THANK YOU! chaosweaveR! :bowdown: I am sorry to admit that I need such a basic, elementary explanation, but that is exactly what I needed....once I've been through it once or twice it usually sticks.......Thanks Ghost for your input as well. I will get to work on modifing my sig ASAP but first......Today I just figured out I can email a photo from my phone directly to my photobucket album!!! :bacon: So in celebration of this apiphany, here is a picture of the Bird, sporting the WS6 Ram AIr hood....

E41A0515.jpg

Now how's this for a picture? Maybe this would be a good garage picture?

awesome Firebird! Well done!! I had a 1995 Black Formula...yours looks way better then mine did!

Thanks TigerGrandAmGT! it has 93K original miles and I am the 3rd owner over all, 2 family member owner.....My brother inlaw bought it in 97 from the original owner with just 14K on the odometer, he drove it a lot during the summer months to work etc.....he drove his pick up thru the winter months. He decided to get a Harley an asked if I wanted it......so I bought it.

Thanks TigerGrandAmGT! it has 93K original miles and I am the 3rd owner over all, 2 family member owner.....My brother inlaw bought it in 97 from the original owner with just 14K on the odometer, he drove it a lot during the summer months to work etc.....he drove his pick up thru the winter months. He decided to get a Harley an asked if I wanted it......so I bought it.

''

good choice!! i miss my Bird..but not the insurance..it was killing me here in Mass...settled for a Grand Am GT Coupe..still love my Pontiacs! Good Luck with your mods!

''

good choice!! i miss my Bird..but not the insurance..it was killing me here in Mass...settled for a Grand Am GT Coupe..still love my Pontiacs! Good Luck with your mods!

Once you get to my age ,it won't be so bad! :lol2:

Sig modificaton...Done.

Add member photo....Done.

Post nice picture of the Bird in this thread....Done.

Add nice photo of Bird to Garage......Done

Make sig and Garge picture of the Bird and Hawk better.....Done

Relax and have a drink.......in progress! :cheers: