Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Useless Post Thread

danmccormick87

Here's the G I'm looking at. My price is lower since I'm a TGC member, plus it's right down the road from my g/f's house.

All it needs is a tune up, and new spark plug tube seals. I want it, but I have to wait for my tax return. I may have to sell my GA much sooner than I thought...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/2746754327.html

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I don't mind, this was rebuilt by a Mitsu enthusiast. Probably better taken care of than any other stock Galant I'll find for sale. Not to mention, this G has a lot of parts I'd like to have already done. The price alone reflects the parts installed on the G.

Added: even better, in Brooklyn, there's a local speed shop that specializes in the 8th gen Galants, they have engines, trans, complete tuning support/software, and they know these cars like the back of their hands. I've never had any sort of local support with the GAGT like this, while I love the Grand Ma, I'm just sick of riding with a dead platform and no local support.

' date='Dec 11 2011, 01:11 PM' post='63162']

Added: even better, in Brooklyn, there's a local speed shop that specializes in the 8th gen Galants, they have engines, trans, complete tuning support/software, and they know these cars like the back of their hands. I've never had any sort of local support with the GAGT like this, while I love the Grand Ma, I'm just sick of riding with a dead platform and no local support.

i don't know any shop around that supports american cars like what we have. the shops i have seen around here are typically geared towards imports.

maybe it's the area i live in but even in the city there was like 1 shop and it was import based. bet you if i walked in there they would look at me like i had a huge penis on my forehead.

i do my own tuning and mechanic work and if i run into a tuning problem there are a few people i can reach out to.

i don't know any shop around that supports american cars like what we have. the shops i have seen around here are typically geared towards imports.

maybe it's the area i live in but even in the city there was like 1 shop and it was import based. bet you if i walked in there they would look at me like i had a huge penis on my forehead.

i do my own tuning and mechanic work and if i run into a tuning problem there are a few people i can reach out to.

There is a mechanic here (literally next door to me) that services all different kinds of vehicles. It always puts a smile on his face when I drop the Phoenix off for something. Even on slow days he lets me go into his shop and use his lift LOL

Yeah, that's a mechanic though...

This shop/crew (Triple Diamond Motors) they've got four Galants, they were the first guys to truely crack the Galant's PCM, forever changing the need to swap to Eclipse and Evo PCMs. They can pretty much retune the stock PCM to match any needs you have, AND eliminate codes (if you're cat-less, and/or have headers) so you pass inspection, and keep your ATF ratio correct. They have experience swapping automatics to manual, and do one in about five to six hours. They're tackling turbo turning, install and such with the help of another local Galant owner who has a boosted 4G64 with completely stock internals. (lays down 264WHP...stock intake manifold, head, everything. Running at 14psi. From an engine that made 155HP stock. That is cool.)

My Grand Am? Nothing. GAOC, I've seen kids talk about a CAI and subwoofers. GAGT.com has some real tech, but nobody local (the two active boosted guys left are in Florida [AaronGTR] and Ohio [Nick-G]) I'm sick of rocking a platform that has nothing left.

Even moreso...it's amazing how my car, and the 8th gen Galant are different in the aspect of popularity, performance and modding in general.

5th gen Grand Am: 99-05

8th gen Galant: 99-03 (96-06 overseas, the 8th gen was so popular, Mitsubishi kept it going for three more years for the European, Middle East and Asian market. That tells you something)

Same era, yet you'd think the Galant was still a fairly new car with the massive activity from the two main Galant forums. GAOC is a joke, because of the "mods" all the kids are doing, at least GAGT.com feels like something other than a teenager's wet rice and the ridiculous wet dream.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm just tired of rocking a dead platform.

• Founders

:lol:

My favorite part is she comes over cursing saying they disturbed the peace with the diesel, not like you did any better you hypocrite.

I would have just reved it in her face.

Oh those self righteous morons... they think Prius's are efficient, even ignoring environmental impact it takes to make them they are still not very good.

I had a fat and stupid woman in a Prius years ago bitch me out for driving my 82 Ford half ton all by myself, she told me it was so inefficient to have that big truck with only me in it, I should drive a Pious or Smrt car... she told me this when I was pulling my car trailer after having taken a large load to scrap... what was I supposed to do? Drive there and walk the 75km home?

I think a requirement to own/drive one of these pseudo green cars is to be an ignorant dumbass with a big mouth and a tiny brain.

And then I took an arrow to the knee.

I can has a third "Grand Am" of sorts?

Introducing, in its horrible picture form... our new 2003 Alero. It's not perfect, and has some imperfections, but the price was right.

6502895927_f82548f20b_z.jpg

6502895877_0aa16998e2_z.jpg

' date='Dec 11 2011, 04:54 PM' post='63180']

My Grand Am? Nothing. GAOC, I've seen kids talk about a CAI and subwoofers. GAGT.com has some real tech, but nobody local (the two active boosted guys left are in Florida [AaronGTR] and Ohio [Nick-G]) I'm sick of rocking a platform that has nothing left.

Just saying i bought the rotrex kit... and i live in NY too!! Just on the other side lol But i got alot of work ahead of me before she is running.

' date='Dec 11 2011, 04:54 PM' post='63180']

GAOC is a joke, because of the "mods" all the kids are doing, at least GAGT.com feels like something other than a teenager's wet rice and the ridiculous wet dream.

:lol:

Oh those self righteous morons... they think Prius's are efficient, even ignoring environmental impact it takes to make them they are still not very good.

I had a fat and stupid woman in a Prius years ago bitch me out for driving my 82 Ford half ton all by myself, she told me it was so inefficient to have that big truck with only me in it, I should drive a Pious or Smrt car... she told me this when I was pulling my car trailer after having taken a large load to scrap... what was I supposed to do? Drive there and walk the 75km home?

I think a requirement to own/drive one of these pseudo green cars is to be an ignorant dumbass with a big mouth and a tiny brain.

I would KILL for an EV1, and I am very interested in electric car technology; however, I do not think electric car technology is the sole solution to our environmental problems, nor are internal combustion engined cars the sole cause. The only time I talk down about someone's automotive preference is when it's a hazard to other people on the road, or ungodly hideous. (Often these two go hand-in-hand, haha.)

I would KILL for an EV1, and I am very interested in electric car technology; however, I do not think electric car technology is the sole solution to our environmental problems, nor are internal combustion engined cars the sole cause. The only time I talk down about someone's automotive preference is when it's a hazard to other people on the road, or ungodly hideous. (Often these two go hand-in-hand, haha.)

I can haz Volt? I agree, there are tons of other reasons besides cars that cause issues. A friend of mine told me how impractical the Prius really is. It shuts off at a dead stop, and you have mash the gas pedal to get it going again, does not sound very practical to me lol

• Founders

And then I took an arrow to the knee.

:lol: I love that. People don't realize that people with trucks, SUVs and big engines actually USE them for purposes. I think the people who buy Silverado HDs and the related heavy duty vehicles for just driving are done with, the remaining people who buy they actually use/need them.

Also on the requirement to own/drive a Toyota/green car is that you have to be the worst driver EVER. Forget anything you've learned and just do what you want. I've never ever seen a Prius do the speed limit, they either go waaaaay too slow in the left lane or fly by me and cut me off for no apparent reason. Then I think the perfect example of this requirement is every month or so during season this Prius owner takes a u-turn where you're not allowed to make a left or a u-turn, in fact there isn't even a turning lane or anything. This jack-a just takes a left in the break of a median in the middle of traffic too. I've seen this lady do it at least 5 times and each time almost kills a kid (because wouldn't you know it, she does it right near a school) and almost cause 5 accidents because she slams on her breaks in the middle of rush hour when we're all doing 50mph and does the turn into on-coming traffic. :picard:

I've been a longtime believer that an IQ test should be mandatory before a person is given a driver's license. Even that wouldn't stop the idiocy, but it would help!

:picard: I love that. People don't realize that people with trucks, SUVs and big engines actually USE them for purposes.

Does this mean I'm bad for using the Phoenix as a daily driver?