Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 Grand Prix door latch adjustment

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So the only way I could find to hide the wiring, oil line and coolant was to run them up the top part of the console then zip tie the wires together. When I rewired the car the Painless harness I used did not come with the wiring for the console. I knew I was installing these gauges, so I built a harness for the console with those wires included. The oil line and coolant lines also go up the console to the firewall and out to the engine from there. I went with the 2 & 5/8 " gauges because I thought it looked more at home and old eyes can see them easier.

On a personal note, if you are going to run aftermarket gauges in anything, I would highly advise upgrading to the copper line for the oil gauge. You can get it from any auto parts store. It's much more durable and have I personally had the plastic line explode while driving. Running along about 80mph, gauges mounted to the A-pillar and shot hot oil on the inside of the windshield. It was a mess! I haven't run a plastic oil line since. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

So the only way I could find to hide the wiring, oil line and coolant was to run them up the top part of the console then zip tie the wires together. When I rewired the car the Painless harness I used did not come with the wiring for the console. I knew I was installing these gauges, so I built a harness for the console with those wires included. The oil line and coolant lines also go up the console to the firewall and out to the engine from there. I went with the 2 & 5/8 " gauges because I thought it looked more at home and old eyes can see them easier.

On a personal note, if you are going to run aftermarket gauges in anything, I would highly advise upgrading to the copper line for the oil gauge. You can get it from any auto parts store. It's much more durable and have I personally had the plastic line explode while driving. Running along about 80mph, gauges mounted to the A-pillar and shot hot oil on the inside of the windshield. It was a mess! I haven't run a plastic oil line since. 

Thank you for the heads up on the plastic line... I am going to install all new autometer gauges on it. I think oil pressure gauge has a plastic line, I will for sure replace it. The only gauge that is not autometer will be my AFR gauge... 

• Like 2

Hell Justa, some of yall may have even seem me on the side of the road, I was working in Auburn hills at the time and running late for work. :rofl:

Yeah I went with Autometer also, the Auto gage series, part# 2399 for the large face and look.

• Like 2

Hey how is everyone doing?

I am going to receive the new striker tomorrow, do you guys know if I remove all 3 screws from the striker will the back plate stay in place or should I leave a screw to hold it?

Also I installed the new IMPALA steering wheel, I ordered a Pontiac round logo that I will glue on top of it...

2024-02-22 18.18.35.jpg

2024-02-22 18.18.38.jpg

2024-02-22 18.19.06.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

The plate is caged 

so your safe as :cheers:

Love the Chevy steering wheel too!

where did you get it ? :dancingpontiac:

Thank you 64 Kiwi, I got it from Amazon, and the center cap + horn assembly from summit racing.  The cost for all 3 parts was around $400 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 63grandprix said:

Thank you 64 Kiwi, I got it from Amazon, and the center cap + horn assembly from summit racing.  The cost for all 3 parts was around $400 

Was that a brand new wheel or second hand ? 

• Like 1

Very cool 👍

if I had the brains to think Chevy steering wheel , I wouldn’t have spent a week fixing my factory one !!! That impala one looks bloody perfect ! :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

Good job on the striker Ron, that steering wheel looks awesome bro! Make sure you keep us posted on your progress bro and show us that 3D piece once that's finished. :cheers:

• Like 2

Hello guys... Another weekend working on the GP, I have a water leak in the trunk and a rust bubble appeared close to the back window trim, how difficult is to remove the back window lower trim to make repairs and reseal it?

Today I was working on the center console and installed new rubber seals on both door now is kind of hard to close it, hopefully the seals will compress and make it easier to close the doors...

2024-03-02 12.40.01.jpg

2024-03-02 12.40.05.jpg

2024-03-02 12.40.14.jpg

2024-03-02 12.40.29.jpg

2024-03-02 18.00.27.jpg

• Like 2

So first the back windshield trim was not difficult to remove.  I had all my chrome off and windshields out for paint bro. 2nd, the console looks awesome Ron! Gauges on the passengers side of console, great idea :D  and that adaptor looks great man, right at home, and I still love the seats!!! Hey, thanks for keeping us included in your journey with pics bro.

• Like 2