Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

WTB: 57 Star Chief Steering Wheel

Would like to buy a nice original (or restored) black or white steering wheel for my 57 Star Chief.  Not interested in one that has to be restored, since I already have one of those.  LOL

• Haha 1

• Ringo64 changed the title to WTB: 57 Star Chief Steering Wheel

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

the one thing i am going to do is get my upholstery guy to make me a nice leather lace up rim cover... i kinda like cow hide steering wheels...it justA has a nice feel. as opposed to manufactured plastic steering wheels :cheers:

• Like 1

Jerry, you are a braver man than I am. I had this with my '56 Bel Air wheel, but I sent it away to be repaired and painted. It lasted the 10 years I had the car, and still looked like a new wheel when I sold her. Was expensive though if I recall.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Thats one nice looking Wheel Russel👍

Thanks, it feels nice to when driving, not too small, but not large like the standard one, especially as I have power steering.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yip i for one certainly agree with JustA :cheers:

i am interested in how Jerry gets on with the jb weld... i have never sanded it before... it may work very well being so hard!!🙄

I used JB Weld to fill in the hole in the middle of my wife's mixing bowl, which used to have a blender through the bottom, as she liked the glass bowl to use. After filling the hole in (about ½" diameter) over several times, I then ground it smooth with some grinding stones in my cordless drill until they were super smooth to touch. This was five years ago and it's still going strong.

1175147623_Unnamedattachment(Medium).thumb.jpeg.b9ad51866642d1cf12febb88a82cc09b.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiStarChief said:

I used JB Weld to fill in the hole in the middle of my wife's mixing bowl, which used to have a blender through the bottom, as she liked the glass bowl to use. After filling the hole in (about ½" diameter) over several times, I then ground it smooth with some grinding stones in my cordless drill until they were super smooth to touch. This was five years ago and it's still going strong.

1175147623_Unnamedattachment(Medium).thumb.jpeg.b9ad51866642d1cf12febb88a82cc09b.jpeg

Very good test for jb weld Russel 👍👍😀

• Like 1

Love it! The Washtubman lives on. Perhaps you could wear a cape with WTM on it and wear your undies on the outside.

I also used fibreglass resin to go over the entire rim (after the epoxy putty) to build up the rim thickness and to make everything nice & glossy smooth. Epoxy putty shouldn't be 'runny.' You form a paste using your fingers and when it starts to get physically warm (epoxy chemical reaction) push it into the cracks. It will work a treat.

Edited by Fitzy
Forgot something
  • Like 2