Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Auto News

Any news for other car manufacturers

11,168 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies

• Tell a friend

Love Forever Pontiac Forums? Tell a friend!
    • I didn't take any new pictures but I applied the second coat of yellow to the Hurst shifter last night. I applied and touched up the red arrowheads. The PONTIAC letters didn't need anymore paint. They required an Exacto knife to scrap away some paint dribbles. I did put a second coat of blue on the lug nuts. I have a weekend drive from Numica Michigan (south of Muskegon) to Traverse City. It's a drive around Lake Michigan. We have 2 private car collection tours on the agenda for the weekend as well. I'm taking Black Beauty.
    • https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/video-how-to-drive-a-top-fuel-dragster/ar-AA1o3mdK?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5d0337356d924210a9b406098e5dbcee&ei=35
    • Hello,   My desired angles on the front-to-back tilt of the LS engine are looking very achievable.   I've got some easy plus / minus three degrees or so to accommodate the fit of the transmission into the tunnel and towards the differential.  The AC compressor and bracket will also be no problem - good clearance. And though I've only eyeball estimated the fit of the power steering pump / alternator bracket assembly, their fit looks plenty good.    I got the call from the machine shop about my rebuilt engine today - it will be finished tomorrow.   The cylinders got bored .030 inch over.  They polished the cam and reused it.  The crankshaft, con rods, rocker arms and push rods all got reused and the crank still only needed standard main and rod bearings.  The motor got new lifters, trays and a high-volume oil pump plus timing chain and gears.  The motor got ARP racing head bolts and will get ARP exhaust manifold bolts.  They want me to run Valvoline 10W-30 conventional oil for the break-in and no synthetics until 5000 miles so that the rings will seat properly.  I am to disable the fuel pump for at least twenty seconds and pre-lube the engine through cranking it - they have no worries about wiping the assembly lube off of the internal spinning masses.     My trouble with all of this??  It's raining cats and dogs here and I won't be able to drop the engine off into the space where the Catalina is getting worked on. The workspace is in a detached building and with the rain, the ground is soft.  This is Louisiana and even when its not raining, you can walk across the yard wearing golf shoes and hit water . . . . almost.  I have the very elusive and mysterious (and also very tasty) Louisiana Long-Tailed Water Dogs within a mile of my house.    So my wife's car will get kicked out of its garage space until things dry out enough for me to move the engine.   Rick
    • We visited Harrods  department store    JustA little bottle of wine for dinner 
  • Images

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.