Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

*NOTE*

The tails are not on the car anymore.

I had 1st gen LED tails on my GA for a couple of weeks back in the fall. I never tinted them, but what do ya think? Should I go back with the look, and tint them too?

LEDTails.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:58 AM' post='4540']

Give the GA a whole new flavor from the back. I really want to get a set soon.

and they flow with your HLs :P

' date='Jan 22 2010, 10:53 AM' post='4531']

I'm looking at the newer 2nd gen LED tails, the ones that look almost white. But I'll tint the top half black, and leave the white strip on the bottom. Example:

31068360108_medium.jpg

if they look just like that I say YES. :welcomeFP:

I know I'm in the minority, but I think the stock tails are the best looking.

I agree, tinted stockers look tight, especially with the backup light left alone.

But those LED tails match my headlights very well, especially when tinted like that.

' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:53 AM' post='4531']

I'm looking at the newer 2nd gen LED tails, the ones that look almost white. But I'll tint the top half black, and leave the white strip on the bottom. Example:

31068360108_medium.jpg

i think i've seen those tails b4 chris... :lol:

make them like mine...

IMG_2757.jpg

!!! *I* need to make my taillights like that. How many times did you wetsand them? They came out amazing!!! How'd you do it? Hobby tint? Clear coat? polish? omnomnom

I might make redoing my taillights this summer a new project. Cope the job you did started flaking recently...

I think VHT nightshades is the way to go. :lol2: I have 2 full coats and a third just on the outer part of my TLs and then a few coats of clear, then polished... Reason I had them done the way I did is because 3 full coats was SUPER black an the light was only slightly visible at night... in the daytime you couldnt see squat!!! LOL