Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fire in Northern Toronto

Frosty

My buddy Pete who lives in Northern Toronto (known as DualQuadPete in a lot of the Canadian Pontiac forums) just emailed me today. It would seem that his shop caught fire on Thursday and his '52 Pontiac, '69 Cutlass convertible, and vehicle trailer appear to be a total loss. The fire chief says he thinks the fire might have started with either the beer fridge or the stereo. The insurance company is working with Pete. Pete is okay other than he slipped on the ice and hurt his hip trying to fight the fire until the fire got too bad. 

I'd appreciate it if you guys could keep Pete in your thoughts and prayers tonight. This obviously not something any car guy should have to go through.

IMG_0228.JPG.11afb5bb2c045dfd6595e9688e18ae3c.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG.2fc2fa02309270e01811104b5c67817b.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG.6650a0738aa870dfe463bcf7155b784d.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pete emailed late last night. He got checked out at the hospital. He has a broken rib for his efforts.

Pro - Pete is a big blogger on Canadian Ponchos. Is he saying anything else over there?

I'm OK other than sore ribs when I had a fall trying to fight the fire, fire extinguisher wasn't any help, too far involved, took in a lot of smoke before I gave up and got the hell out!!! Fire chief believes it was the fridge [beer] or stereo that caught the bench on fire[that's what was burning when I went in] working with 3 claims with 2 Insurance co. So far cars are no problem [total loss under 19a policy] House insurance covers garage and contents, daily driver policy covers the car trailer,[melted the tongue right off it!!] delivered construction fence yesterday to block off site so pooch can go back out in yard. If this had happened on Tues. Tommy would have been in there [doggie door] when I went to Toronto!!! So far new insurance companies are doing their thing, Fire was so hot it scorched the paint off my storage trailer for snowblower & melted the tail lenses!!! 20' away. Thanks for all your messages, means a lot too me Pete

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63249341/lost-everything-yesterday/?page=2#lastPostAnchor

More photos over there, but nothing anyone really wants to see.

If it was the work bench and he uses Dewalt cordless I would have a look at the chargers as well.  A few of the older ones (7-10 years) were recalled for fire hazard.

Thanks notallthere. I will let Pete know that.

6 hours ago, Professur said:

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63249341/lost-everything-yesterday/?page=2#lastPostAnchor

More photos over there, but nothing anyone really wants to see.

Thanks Pro. That is essentially what Pete told me.

Pete reports there was no DeWalt drill. He appreciates the tip.

He asked me if he should claim 24-pack he just put in the fridge. I told him to claim the 20-year old scotch instead.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.