Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New member from Fort Meade, MD

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've got a 2009  Stryker Blue Metallic Pontiac G8 GT. I bought it back in 2012 with a little over 50k miles on it. It now sits at 120k miles.

My two previous cars were also Pontiacs. When I turned 16, I bought a 1992 Grand Prix LE. My junior year of high school, I sold it and bought a 2000 Grand Am GT. I traded the Grand Am for the G8. The G8 is by far the most fun vehicle I've ever had (and the most annoyingly expensive, but I love it).

Mods: BTR Stage 2 LS3 cam (225/238 .612"/.585" 113+3), ported LS1 heads, Lunati link bar lifters, PaceSetter LT headers, Magnaflow cat back w/ cat delete, DOD delete, 160 t-stat, Volant CAI. Powertrain work done at L&S Garage. Tuned by Roshan at Powerhaus Performance.

Coming soon: FTI 3600 stall with B&M transmission cooler

In-car entertainment: Morel component speaker system in front, Audison bit Ten digital sound processor with multi-channel amp running all cabin speakers, dual 12" Alpine Type E's in the trunk. Hooked up at Elite Auto Image

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thank you Ringo64. Here's a screen grab of my dyno run. It was dyno tuned and it put down 400hp and 379tq. It was on a Mustang Dyno, so if you know anything about those, you'll understand that 400hp is pretty impressive given my list of current mods.

ericlorenz_dyno.jpg

20160211_155354.jpg

The only reason I got the car cammed was because I had a lifter fail. I figured since the engine was apart, might as well throw in a cam and upgrade the lifters. I bought the ported heads off a guy at the shop who did the work. I learned a lot in the process and I hope to bring some of that knowledge to folks on the forum who may be looking to do similar projects.

Here's a couple pics of the car.

20160324_181136.jpg

The below pic is the day I bought it back in 2012.

FB_IMG_1453650518101.jpg

36 minutes ago, gandhi_2006 said:

great car have you taken it to a drag strip yet? Are you thinking of possibly putting a supercharger on her?

Thank you! I haven't been to the track yet. I'm waiting to get the torque converter installed before I do that. I'll also want to have some drag radials. I don't have any plans to supercharge it. A supercharger is not in my budget now, sadly. 

On 4/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, gandhi_2006 said:

yes can get very expensive. But just remember everyone loves the whine of a supercharger lol.

with a custom G8/Corvette hood? :D