Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello from North Texas

Hello fellow Pontiac enthusiasts.

My name is Darrell Edwards. I've been searching the internet for parts for my car, and stumbled across this forum. I have a '76 Grand Prix that I bought about 3 years ago. Had the engine rebuilt, and car was repainted back in October of last year. Still have a little interior work to do (seats need to be recovered, door panels faded) but overall, not too much left to do to it. Looking forward to some good 'ol Pontiac fellowship here!

post-2557-0-05285100-1436910641_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks! Back when I was in high school (1982) my parents bought me a used '76 GP. I absolutely loved the car....the way it drove, the way it looked, everything about it. I drove that car until it had close to 200K miles on it, and it was starting to need major repairs. I made the painful decision to sell it, but made a personal commitment to myself that someday, I would buy another one. Long story short, after many, many years of just wishing that I had one, I finally got serious about looking and found this one. I told my wife " I'm either getting a motorcycle or the car". Luckily, she approved of the car (I didn't really want a bike, it was more of a bargaining tool).

Welcome to FP Darrell. She's a beaut. A fellow member of my Pontiac club has owned his '76 GP since brand new. So I certainly understand the passion for these cars. I love the "resale red" color too.

Besides the interior work, are these any other plans for the old girl besides lots of cruising?

Welcome to FP Darrell. She's a beaut. A fellow member of my Pontiac club has owned his '76 GP since brand new. So I certainly understand the passion for these cars. I love the "resale red" color too.

Besides the interior work, are these any other plans for the old girl besides lots of cruising?

Thanks!

I still need to upgrade the exhaust...trying to decide between Flowmaster or Magnaflow. I want it to sound good, but not very loud. So if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. When it's time for new tires, I'd like to go with a slightly taller and wider tire. Currently running 225/70/15's on 15x8 wheels, and they just seem a little small, considering how much space the car has under the wheel wells.

I am running Pypes exhaust under my 455 Lemans, so I have to defer to others about Magnaflow or Flowmaster. 

Welcome to the forums!

Flowmasters aren't the best, both for actual exhaust flow and they all rot easily. The Flowmaster 80 series on my old Grand Am couldn't even survive four winters.

Magnaflow is pricey, but worth every penny.

Welcome to the forums!

Flowmasters aren't the best, both for actual exhaust flow and they all rot easily. The Flowmaster 80 series on my old Grand Am couldn't even survive four winters.

Magnaflow is pricey, but worth every penny.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm sure each company has a wide variety of exhausts to choose from, but what what observed so far listening to cars at shows, cruises, etc is that the Flowmasters seem to be a little louder all the time, where as the Magnaflows only get loud if you get on it.

• 1 month later...

Welcome 76 Grand Prix brings back good time in my young days. Long front end for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long front end is right. After driving my car all week, I almost feel like a hood ornament when I get behind the wheel of my wife's Honda CRV :)