Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sellers 28th Annual Indian Summer Car Show - Sun, Sept 21

Frosty

Bob Sellars Buick-GMC, in Farmington Hills, MI, is hosting their 28th Annual Indian Summer Car Show at their dealership on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The address is 38000 Grand River Ave Farmington Hills, MI. The show is open to all Buicks, Pontiacs, and GMCs.

Register: 8:00 – 11:00 am; Awards: 2:30pm; 3:30pm Cruise to Baker's in Milford

http://www.sellersgm.com/CarShow

This is show #2 for a great car weekend in SE Michigan.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Absolutely I am Stratman. The Widetrackers patronize both shows since both dealerships patronize the Dustoff in June.

Golling has been our homebase for years and we like to give back to them for all their generosity by supporting their monthly cruises and charities. Even so, Golling often feeds us breakfast at this show for helping with parking.

Since the Sellers show ends up at Baker's there is hope that Indymanjoe might even show up too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the weather was not as nice as it was Saturday for Golling. It rained in the morning, but by the time I hit the road, it had stopped raining.

I decided to do a parts run to the local National Parts Depot warehouse, which is only 13 miles from the car show (and 90 minutes from house in the first place). So I hit NPD in Canton, and then headed back north to Farmington Hills to Bob Seller's Buick-GMC. I was put in the general '64-74 Pontiac & Buicks class since there is no Lemans/Tempest/Skylark class. There is an A-body performance class - GTO/GT-37/GS/GSX, so it was decided I would go into the general category and compete with the full size Bonnevilles, Grand Prixes, Catalinas and LeSabres.

Attendance was way down from past years due to the cold, nasty weather mainly. Typically we have 125 cars, I don't think we had 70. The sun came out and dried things out until around 1:30. Then the rain returned briefly. The award ceremony was moved inside the dealership just in case. I ended up winning my class even though the award for Best Paint went to a '68 Catalina! I was stunned (and of course happy).

I got a call from Indymanjoe. He said he was coming out, but since the weather got nasty and the awards ceremony was held early to allow everyone to get out of Dodge quicker, he didn't make it to the dealership. I did however meet him at Baker's in Milford. I am one of only two cars that went to Baker's. I've never seen Baker's so dead on a Sunday night cruise-in. Obviously it was all due to the weather.

So Joe and I got caught up with each other since we have seen each other or talked to one another since the Dustoff in June. To say that he and I have been busy would be a huge understatement. I will post pictures just as soon as I get them uploaded.

Congrat's buddy...Sometimes you gotta get a LIL wet to prevent a DRY weekend. Need to see pic's! Your latest upgrade (it's sweet) Your new TRIBAL name too. LOL

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.