Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New guy from Wyoming

Hi my name is Kirk, I have watched various posts on facebook and have finally joined up. My pontiac of choice is my 72 GTO 455. She's a sweet old car we love to cruise in, take to shows and drag race at both 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks for "street night". "Lucy" sports a well built Pontiac 455, automatic and Lucerene blue paint.

post-1917-0-80397200-1383154734_thumb.jp

post-1917-0-62447000-1383154816_thumb.jp

post-1917-0-78883400-1383154833_thumb.jp

post-1917-0-63023300-1383154886_thumb.jp

post-1917-0-26957900-1383154944_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Not sure how to post videos, have some drag vids on my facebook page but won't let me "share" to forever pontiacs page.

:welcomeFP:

Welcome to FP. You have a gorgeous car, I love the picture with Devil's Tower in the background.

I am totally biased with Lucerne Blue '72s as well. I think you will understand....here is my ride. It is a 455 too (468 really with a .030 over bore)

DennisCarolsLemans.jpg

You can imbed the youtube URLs directly into your post, like this:

[youtube ] <insert youtube URL here> [ /youtube]

Basically, like you would with an code, but with youtube.

Oh, welcome by the way. Gorgeous 72 ya got there. =]

• Founders

You can imbed the youtube URLs directly into your post, like this:

[youtube ] <insert youtube URL here> [ /youtube]

Basically, like you would with an code, but with youtube.

Oh, welcome by the way. Gorgeous 72 ya got there. =]

Alternatively now you can just post the "share" link that YouTube gives you in a post and my code will auto-embed the player :D

Great videos. I love the hole shots particularly. So what are your ETs and speed? The videos don't really give us that. Is the Sturgis track and the other track in the videos 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile tracks? Again, the videos don't help with that perspective either.

For indymanjoe my suspension is basically stock but with aftermarket rear upper and lower control arms. I run 275/60/15 mickey thompson et street radials. 3.73 12bolt posi. My best run so far at sturgis(1/8 mile)track was an 8.01 @ 89mph. Both videos are 1/8 mile runs. The one with the trans am is a coworker of mine who called me out for the last night of "street night". His car runs a nasty lsx454,but just couldn't figure out how to race with it. We ran 4 times and he was consistantly 1 to 1.5 seconds slower than my "old" goat. He was sure braggin it up at work how he was gonna beat me and the GTO, but I guess better luck next year Brad. Have only ran her at the 1/4 mile track once and had massive wheelspin trouble, it was the opening day of the season and guess track prep was poor. Best run with limited traction was 13.01 @ 103mph. The car has a fairly mild .035 over 455,rollercam and valvetrain,cnc ported edlebrock performerRPM heads,ross forged pistons on manely rods on stock crank. All port matched and balanced.850 race demon carb on edlebrock performer RPM intake, hooker supercomp headers into 3in exhaust/flowmaster 40 series mufflers. TH400 trans with shift kit, 3200 stall convertor, modified govenor to upshift at 5800rpm.

Will try to get my cameralady to take more detailed videos next season....LOL Thanks for all the comments guys glad I joined this group!

We are a friendly bunch. We love to help out turning wrenches as well as bench race.

My Lemans is built more for driving than speed. Still it is bored .030 over (468), shot peened stock connecting rods, Eagle crank, Melling cam, 80 psi oil pump, and oil pan, Federal Mogul bearings, TRW pistons (10.4 to 1 compression), stock 7K5 heads w/ 3-angle valve job, port matched intake and exhaust. Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, stock Rochester carb w/ electric choke, Ram Air Restoration reproduction factory headers, Pypes 2 1/2 mandel bent exhaust, stock distributor w/ advanced curve and Pertronix II Igniter kit in it. 400 turbo transmission with Coan harden gears and a 3000 RPM stall speed converter. New steel drive shaft built by Dyno Tech Service in Clawson MI. Mosier 12-bolt rear end running a 3.55 posi gear. My only regret was not getting a 200 4R tranny since I do drive this thing on the expressway and cross county a lot. I run a stock suspension with polygraphite bushings on stock 14" BF Goodrich GR70x14 tires.