Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Newbie from the UK

Hi, I'm from Waterlooville, which is near Portsmouth in Hampshire UK. I just thought I'd say hi in here as its my first post. I purchased my 2000 Trans-Am in 2002 on eBay, it was in Pensacola, Florida, shipped it to Southampton, UK. Its been a daily driver until beginning of 2012, where i had to get a smaller car to save some fuel as buying a new house. Car still going well.

I came to this website as it popped up on Facebook, perhaps i clicked on Like on someone elses news feed at some point. So Facebook is certainly a great tool to spread the word. I saw the post

"Have a build, project, or repair going on with your Pontiac (or other vehicle)?? Share your pictures, stories, blood, sweat and tears in our Progression Place, we'd love to hear about it! Well maybe not the blood..."

Well recently I did take the heads off, and I got a few cuts, so I will post all about that later....

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks for all the welcome messages. Its great to be on here.

I am one of the founder members for the Solent Renegades car club http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk, started in April 1999. I had a 3rd Gen Firebird 2.8L back then. The reason i got into american cars it that i just liked the looks of the 3rd Gen, looked so aero dynamic. Once i purchased, i saw how many heads the car would turn. Some members in the car club had some friendly banter teasing me about it being a V6, so I got my current Trans-Am, and now none of them can keep up with me . lol We have around 80 members, not all of them attend the club night on the same night. we may have around 20-30 cars in the club.

The girlfriend owns the 3rd Gen Camaro show in the photo's earlier. They are no that common over here. There are only two Pontiac's in the club, we have a 1957 Pontiac Starchief too, http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&front_vehicle_id=109

To be honest they are not that common over here. In the summer months you may only see these cars at shows, or traveling to and from a show. Camaro's are more common that Firebirds over here. For every 5 Camaros' you may see 1 Firebird. In around a 20 mile radius there is around 2 Firebirds that I know of. The other is a convertible 3rd Gen.

There is a Pontiac owners club in the UK http://www.poc-uk.org.uk/forum/ which has a sprinkling of members around the country.

Welcome to the forums!

Interesting to see an interest in F-bodies over in the UK. I know GM did make models specifically for the European market.

Is it lowered? Going by the pics it sits a lot lower than stock.

My '89 Firebird was made in Germany according to the plate under the hood. It was still left hand drive. I've not seen a right hand drive F-Body yet, but if they are anywhere they would be in Australia.

I once had an Opel Manta, Dont know if you have heard of them in the States. I was paying 1200 GBP (around $1800) per year for car insurance on it. Then I brought the 3rd Gen Firebird and my insurance dropped to £700 per year. I asked why is the insurance so cheap, the company said because it is left hand drive and manual, its less likely to be stolen/taken for a joy ride (as most cars here are right hand drive it would be difficult to drive). My 2000 Trans-Am is £360 per year, but this is due to me being a bit older now.

I've kept the Red rear lights on the Trans-am. They should be amber for the UK, however I do have a spare set of rear lights i can swap over for the yearly car test (M.O.T) I should also be showing a front number plate, but its been covered for 4 years now and police haven't commented on it.

The car has been lowered. Bilstein springs think it was 1.25", it was a while ago now. Also fitted some Koni adjustable stocks too at the time.

Great car, and a pleasure to get back in it again after it being off the road for a few months. Got on that loud pedal yesterday, it performed very well. People say to stay healthy you must raise your heart rate at least once a day. Well the car certainly does that for me.

There are many car shows in the UK, come focus on Classic or american cars. A large local show to use has over 1000 vehicles there, the event was called 'Wheels day 2013' I took a few photos, as you can see there are many american cars there.

Wheels Day 2013 Photo Gallery:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/transamdan-albums-wheels-day-2013-photos.html

Really nice late 60's Camaro there.

transamdan-albums-wheels-day-2013-photos

and this very nice step side Ford F100, looks like its just come out of a show room.

and of course, Pontiac's :)

There is a large show on the east cost around August called The Nationals, many American cars from over Europe attend and go for a cruise, around 800 cars end to end, an amazing sight to see. Not all of the cars go on the cruise, so still loads to see when they are out for the cruise.

We could do with some sunny weather. Had 3 days of sun last week, some people say that was our summer. lol. So if you have too much sin in the states, be sure to send some this way. :)

• Founders

I think that's funny about the insurance bit but I can completely understand. I drove a mail-truck once, over here they are right-hand drive (mail boxes are on that side) and it was rather old and manual. I didn't know where to begin with having to shift with my left hand :lol:

Good to see some good representation over that from Pontiac and GM! :D

• 2 weeks later...

You used to own an Opel Manta!? My dad still owns his 1974 Manta. It used to be his winter car. We want to put a Solstice powertrain in it someday. That is such a fun, small, lightweight little car.

I know Fieros have a decent following overseas, but I'm also a little biased because I'm on Pennock's Fiero Forum which has tens of thousands of members across the world. Do you ever see Fieros around?

Your car is gorgeous. Welcome to FP :)