Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GP tire = LOL OOPS

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Took a corner too close and the tire snagged a piece of broken curb and pulled the car off the road.

Also, having a donut on your car is f*cking embarrasing, I don't know how these PRs in Honda Civics do it.

Took a corner too close and the tire snagged a piece of broken curb and pulled the car off the road.

Also, having a donut on your car is f*cking embarrasing, I don't know how these PRs in Honda Civics do it.

I know that feel......

548535_285145048268055_191266421_n.jpg

>dat brake dust

Also: match what tires are on the GP already, and but at least two. Put the new tires in the rear, you always want the new/good tires on the rear on a FWD car.

' timestamp='1355506497' post='77346']

>dat brake dust

Also: match what tires are on the GP already, and but at least two. Put the new tires in the rear, you always want the new/good tires on the rear on a FWD car.

say what? i dont see where that makes sense

say what? i dont see where that makes sense

Yup. Very common misconception that people think two newest/good tires go up front on a FWD car. The rear has less weight and can make the car more prone to oversteer in wet/slippery conditions with bad tires out back.

The majority of the weight is on the front tires, that alone gives good traction to the front wheels.

' timestamp='1355586164' post='77361']

Yup. Very common misconception that people think two newest/good tires go up front on a FWD car. The rear has less weight and can make the car more prone to oversteer in wet/slippery conditions with bad tires out back.

The majority of the weight is on the front tires, that alone gives good traction to the front wheels.

Yeah but if you think about it, if the tread is bad it won't matter where you put them. Also, I'm getting 4 brand new tires because I hate the ones I have now, they are so noisy and this is my excuse lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using IM F*CKING DRUNK

Yeah but if you think about it, if the tread is bad it won't matter where you put them. Also, I'm getting 4 brand new tires because I hate the ones I have now, they are so noisy and this is my excuse lol.

What tires are you going with? Off the top of my head, I know some good ones in 225/60 R16:

Toyo Extensa A/S

Goodyear Eagle GT

Dunlop Signature

General Altimax HP

Sumitumo HTR Z III

Khumo Solus KH20/KH16

Khumo Ecsta ASX

Cooper CS4 Touring (H rated)

' timestamp='1355586164' post='77361']

oh I like my back end out.. Now I just need to make the back tires spin.. :P

eh for me I need the added traction up front or all I do is spin spin spin no matter what, got my foot to the floor and I'm never letting up

The Toyos I had were practically bald and I was just fine with them. The GP is my daily driver and I don't like to waste gas going lead foot and zipping around corners

The Toyos I had were practically bald and I was just fine with them. The GP is my daily driver and I don't like to waste gas going lead foot and zipping around corners

Just in general, the response from the tires may not be as good as the Toyos. Those are the same tires that come on the Toyota Prius for maximum gas mileage, and low rolling resistance.

It's your GP, but a tire like that to me, grip is sacrificed for the sake of high tread life and low road noise/rolling resistance.

I had Toyo Spectrums.

It's your GP, but a tire like that to me, grip is sacrificed for the sake of high tread life and low road noise/rolling resistance

And that is exactly what I wanted. Less noise. Those Toyos sounded like I had bad wheel bearings, it was awful.

I had Toyo Spectrums.

And that is exactly what I wanted. Less noise. Those Toyos sounded like I had bad wheel bearings, it was awful.

Spectrums? Holy shit, those are Toyo's bottom of the barrel budget tires. :lol:

They didn't have Extensa A/S tires? Those are equivalent to Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, high end luxury touring tires, but for half the price.

' timestamp='1355787000' post='77416']

Spectrums? Holy shit, those are Toyo's bottom of the barrel budget tires. :lol:

They didn't have Extensa A/S tires? Those are equivalent to Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, high end luxury touring tires, but for half the price.

I don't know if they had them I'm not a tire expert or know anything about them. I just told the guy I wanted quiet tires that aren't poor quility but are not a wallet killer. So he hooked me up with these, and so far I really like the ride from them.

I'm pissed because I wanted to put the money towards some Pontiac rally rims for the Phoenix and a fresh set ot BF Goodrich Radial T/As move up from 14in to 15in and lift the car off the ground some more because the Phoenix sits way too low, every speedbump I go over spanks the frame. F*ck me...

Also while we're on the subject...

wheels001.jpg?t=1301706488

I want this exact look for the Phoenix. Does anybody know where I can get a good set? (this pic is actually of a 4dr Phoenix LJ)