Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

A Friends 37Pontiac 2-door Sedan Progect

I just thought I would Share some in Progress Pic's of my Friend Bills 37 Pontiac 2-door Sedan, what I have been told about the car, 1937 was the 1st year for all steel bodies in the Pontiac Line. Could be powered by a Flat head Straight 6 or 8, this one was an original Flat Head 6 powered car. He bought this car over 30 years ago, With less that 50,000 miles on it. Drove it stock for awile and then started to "Hot Rod" it. It was never finished, and the drive train has been changed at least 3 times, It was originally going to have a OHC-6 Sprint and a T-5 manual trans, Then a Pontiac V-8, Then a Supercharged Flat Head 6, Now the plan is to go with a Vintage Rod Theme, and after finding a period corrrect High Compression Head (about 8 to 1) and an Edmunds Custon two 1bbl intake, and aCustom Split exhaust manifold, he has recently started working on the car again. I hope you enjoy the pic's

Bills37PontiacRearView.jpg37PontiacIntakeCarbs.jpg37PontiacLtside.jpg37PontiacEngine.jpg37PontiacBlockEmblem.jpg37Pontiac2DoorSedanLtRear.jpg37PontiacEdmundsIntake.jpg37PontiacWheelTire.jpg

You won't see many like it, from what I have been told it was the least popular body style Pontiac in 1937, Most were 4-door sedans, or 2-door Coupes.

If the pic's do not come up here is a link to my Photobucket page

http://s801.photobuc...295/cammerjeff/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Fixed the pics for ya. ;):)

That's so cool looking keep us up to date on it. In the pic that has the indian head stamped in it what part of the car is it?

The Part with the Indian head cast into it is actually the Drivers Side of the engine Block!!!37PontiacFlathead6.jpg Sorry I forgot to post this pic were you can see it is on the block

The Part with the Indian head cast into it is actually the Drivers Side of the engine Block!!!37PontiacFlathead6.jpg Sorry I forgot to post this pic were you can see it is on the block

37PontiacFlathead6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Any new pics since Jan.? Can't wait to see it together. Thx for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Not alot of Pictures to share, but he has been quite busy fabricating Steering And Clutch Parts. He has installed a quick ratio Manual Steering Box, and a Mid 70's tilt Column, can you see what he used to make the new columns mounting bracket? I think it is a great touch. I also took a really bad cell pic of the shifter knob with Chief Pontiac on it.

At the present time he is redoing the brakes, and installing power windows, but non of that is really Photogentic work.