Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Howdy everyone! I had googled how to get to/change the fog lights on a Pontiac Torrent and one of the links that came up was for here. Nice looking place! :rofl:

I became a Pontiac owner on Feb. 2nd 2008! I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent, it's my avi pic, AWD with on demand FWD. It was a dealer car and had around 40,000 miles on it when we bought it. I love my Torrent!! Sure there are a few things I'd like to have, handles inside the doors and I really miss that third row of seats from my Suburban, but overall.....Love it!!

This is my first Pontiac and I'm glad that I finally have mine!! :P

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I plan to keep him for a long time ;)

I do have some more pics, but he's all muddy and dirty :P I thought the salesman was going to faint when I told him I'd be getting it dirty on our farm :rofl:

Right side:

70d67f16.jpg

Left side:

fc89d2e9.jpg

Just took these this morning

Thanks for the welcomes! As for mods, I'm pretty happy with him as he is. Although the decal that was on when we got him is peeling off in places so I wouldn't mind a new paint job sometime. Now my teenager would have other ideas I'm sure LOL

Debadging is easy, and is very visually rewarding, as it cleans up the tailgate very nicely.

Basic engine mods might be the way to go for the Torrent then. These trucks use the LNJ 3400 V6, a pushrod 60*V6. It's a beefier variant of the LA1 3400 V6, different upper intake manifold, huge throttle body (90mm electronically controlled, versus the LA1's 58mm cable controlled unit.) and different EGR setup. Despite all of that, it only puts out 10HP more than the LA1 at it's crank. (LNJ: 185HP LA1: 175HP)

Now, these motors are very restricted by GM airflow wise, both intake and exhaust. Even without a tune, they become much more lively with free flowing intake and exhaust setups.

Out of my own experience, a good exhaust setup would be this:

*use the existing 2.25" exhaust pipping

*replace the restrictive OEM resonator with a high flow resonator or glasspack

*Flowmaster 80 series crossflow muffler in place of the OEM muffler, which is HIGHLY restrictive

I have this setup on my Grand Am GT, and even have dyno charts to show my claims of 9HP and 11lbs of torque gained from my setup w/o a tune. Since you are on a farm, and more than likely tow, this is a VERY good thing.

As for an intake setup, one of our other Torrent members, (FASTMOFO) made a great how to topic for a step by step on making your own intake, again, the OEM airbox is ridiculously restricted, with all of it's resonators and unnecessary bends.

*EDIT*

Speak of the devil! He just posted before this! :P

I've been pretty happy with the power I'm getting from the engine so far. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had him up to 100+ a few times, mostly because of those emergency runs to my dads place when Life-Alert calls me.

He has some giddy-up and go to him :) Now if could find dads old '77 Chrysler New Yorker and squeeze the factory 450 from that into my Torrent....... :: waggles eyebrows :: Well we could have some serious fun!!

Well...there's no way a tradition RWD V8 setup will work in the Torrent without INSANE amounts of fabwork. :)

But stick around the forums, I'm very familar with the engines in these trucks (if you didn't notice :lol: ) and there's lots of other Torrent owners on here, so if you ever run into trouble, you got a great source of hands on info from us.

To boot, we're more than just a car forum, lots of fun in the Picture forum, Off Topic forum, and I've been updating the Auto News forum with all the latest from Auto Blog's articles in the latest and greatest in the auto industry.

' date='Jun 2 2011, 09:29 AM' post='54937']

Well...there's no way a tradition RWD V8 setup will work in the Torrent without INSANE amounts of fabwork. :lol:

But stick around the forums, I'm very familar with the engines in these trucks (if you didn't notice :lol: ) and there's lots of other Torrent owners on here, so if you ever run into trouble, you got a great source of hands on info from us.

To boot, we're more than just a car forum, lots of fun in the Picture forum, Off Topic forum, and I've been updating the Auto News forum with all the latest from Auto Blog's articles in the latest and greatest in the auto industry.

:):lol:;):):agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Nice Torrent, almost bought an '08 GXP on Monday BUT they sold it on Friday or something stupid like that <_< BUT, I found my :bacon: 2008 Saturn Aura 3.6 :bacon: and am EXTREMELY happy with it. I will say from my experience with my custom air intake on my van that you will definitely gain power from losing that air box and tossing a cone filter on there. I didn't notice a huge difference when removing the stock muffler and replacing it with a glasspack, but when I replaced my resonator with a Dynomax crossflow HUGE difference and sounded awesome, nice ride and

:bacon::welcomeFP::bacon:

Good looking Torrent! I really like the color, not something you see everyday.

:welcomeFP: with what all Chaos said <_<

Thanks! There is one other Torrent that is the same color around. Hubby says it's good that mine has the decals so he can tell them apart LOL

There are so many Torrents around out here that I feel there should be a Torrent Owners club LOL

This is one of my fave pics with my Torrent. It was snowing and the wind was coming from behind the car. The snow was building out from the

hood and when I clicked the door lock to pop the lights on so I could see if it was still snowing I loved what I had seen over the head light and had to snap a pic!

a88c5a61.jpg

WELCOME! :welcomeFP:

Nice looking Torrent, the combination of the color and the dirt looks really good! Good to have you around.

Also, since you said hubby, I'm going to assume you're a woman. Which means RINGO, MAKE HER NAME PINK! <_<

• 3 weeks later...