Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I kinda want to return my car to is previous look

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on what you want to do but i like it alot in the pics. that will deff stand out. Turn Heads man Turn them all the way around (the exorcist style) lol

The only thing I like it the spoiler on the back.

' date='May 20 2011, 07:32 PM' post='54297'] Gah! Good lord, no.

It even has rice scoops for crying out loud.

Leave the Phoenix as is.

They are uncut scoops for a Chevy Nova of the same year so rice is not a variable. If I was going to get them I would actually cut them out because it would benefit the carb. I can still decide yay or nay on them. I'm more concerned about the color.

I loathe the current paintjob. It is sharp but it is custom and I cannot get any touch up. The tard that owned this thing last never took care of it. My left rear quarter has a VERY noticeable gash down it, along with various scratches and paint chippings. To add to all that the guy that restored it, (Not the ignorant teen I bought it from) when he brought it to a shop to have it painted they never even debadged the car. The badges, the chrome hood divider, the aluminum siding, and the base of the spoiler has Pontiac Platinum all around and under them. It may look nice in pictures but up close you can tell the paint job was sloppy and rushed. Absolutely no pride in the work of those people. The same deal with the dying of the dash, but that is a whole nother story.

That silver paint is this cars ORIGINAL factory color (Minus the red stripes). Pontiac Platinum. As stated before the silver OEM color plus the red striped looks mean and head turning.

' date='May 20 2011, 10:47 PM' post='54303'] Nova scoops?

NOPE.avi

Dude, those are the stick on Lund scoops you see on all the lifted brotrucks and brodozers.

Get a legit ram air hood, plz.

Excuse me, They came off a nova of the same year. They never made a legit ram air hood for the Phoenix/Ventura, I'd have to get aftermarkets cut in the hood. Let get back on topic about the paint, please.

Excuse me, They came off a nova of the same year. They never made a legit ram air hood for the Phoenix/Ventura, I'd have to get aftermarkets cut in the hood. Let get back on topic about the paint, please.

Hate to kill your spirit, however, Chaos is right. They may of came off a Nova but, the owner of the Nova probably put them on there.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/performance-style...s/p2006516.jcwx

See?

Anyways, about the paint, I think it looks bad, I've never liked that color combo. Not on any car, not even Camaros.

Ok. If you like the current paint job but want to paint it fully again, why not take all the badging off and have it professionally painted black? Or silver? Just please, no stripes or scoops.

Hate to kill your spirit, however, Chaos is right. They may of came off a Nova but, the owner of the Nova probably put them on there.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/performance-style...s/p2006516.jcwx

See?

Anyways, about the paint, I think it looks bad, I've never liked that color combo. Not on any car, not even Camaros.

I know, he misinterpreted what I said, I meant to say they are uncut from a Nova. I was just upset because he jumped in and claimed rice, which I didn't see them as ricey in the first place.

I might just get the silver without the stripes. It would be nice to put the original paint back on it. If the black on it didn't have the metallic flake sparkle any GM black touch-up would be fine, its just with this paint the touch-up stands out.

As for a professional paint job that is a no-brainer for me. My ex-girlfriends father says that he will do it for cheap. He painted his daughters 67 Camero RS and his 1940 Chevy Coupe, both look excellent.

Do you guys think that with Pontiac gone I can still find "Pontiac Platinum" or will it have to be some GM brand knockoff? I mean the Pontiac blue engine paint is now "GM Blue" at every auto store I've been to.

BTW I have people telling me to get a cowl. I'm not sure, are there any benefits besides cosmetic?

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll be able to find the color you're looking for.

As for a cowl hood, if it's functional, it'll create more room for your engine if you decide to say, throw a supercharger on it. It'll also be used as an extractor letting the heat from the engine come back towards your windshield, out of the engine bay. You won't have to worry about engine clearance. Most people get them for the looks though...

67 Camero RS

:) never heard of that car. :rofl:

j/k

I know I spelled it wrong haha. It was late, I'll get some pics.

As for the hood I have another question. Would it make the car more umm, aerodynamic? (best word I can think of) because the front end is very flat and I'm thinking a cowl would let air that went into the engine escape easier creating a relatively better airflow on my front end. Is my logic flawed?

• Founders

I'd say get it re-painted black or silver leave out the red stripes...

I'm sure if you can find a viable paint code for what you want, there shouldn't be any trouble for a professional painter to mix it up.

I would go with black or dark blue since you have a tan interior. I just dont think silver on tan goes well at all. :)

If you go with a cowl induction hood your going to have to have one like this welded and blended to the hood since they dont make one for your car. :rofl:

I would go with the smaller of the two, just to not over do it.

http://steelhoods.com/Shop_On-Line.htm

http://steelhoods.com/Shop_On-Line.htm

there is its "Platnium" code 15, the same number on the panel mounted to firewall! :)

GM: WA7022

Ditzler: 3076

DuPont: 45177LH, 45177A, 45177D

Sherwin Williams: 3878

So I did some research on the cowl hood idea and If I do it right I could actually make my engine run better. I always thought that they extract air out, which is kinda true, on newer more aerodynamic cars. But on cars like mine, that are less aerodynamic it actually sucks air into it via a pressure cell at the base of the windshield. Very interesting stuff!