Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My new Gas Milage Ride 1997 Firebird Convt 3800 V-6 T-5

Well my wife says I do not think like a normal person, so with both my Daily drivers getting around 16 MPG on a good day, I started looking for a car with these goals, under $7000.00 30mpg Highway, Fun to drive, Not Green (sorry not meant to offend any green car owners, but I had enough green in my life when the Government owned me!!!!) Cloth interior, and a Pontiac. I came up with this 1997 Firebird Convertable, 3800 V-6, T-5 manual trans, the car has the Y87 V-6 performance enhancement package that gives it a 3.23 posi rear axle with disc brakes, the V-8's duel exhaust system (without the straight thru tips as it does not have the sport apearence package)

Bright Red with a Black top, and Grey interior. I rescued it from a Police auction a few hours away from my home, and have just short of the $7000.00 limit I set for myself with the repairs done so far to make it drivable, wheels/tires (the chrome rims were stolen at the police impound lot), new rear brakes, all the little maintenance belts, A/C recharge, small missing items ect...

Has 45,000 miles on it now, and other than the fact that almost every body panel is scratched or scraped it seems to have survived its extended stay pretty well. The car is really fun to drive, and has returned a best of29.3 mpg on the highway. So far I am happy with it!!!!! P1020904.jpg

P1020909.jpg

P1020911.jpg

P1020905.jpg

P1020912.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nice and congrats! Thats a great looking year for the Bird! :welcomeFP:;):lol:

Nice and congrats! Thats a great looking year for the Bird! :welcomeFP:;):lol:

Thanks, it has a couple of issues left to address, I have to replace the drivers side headlight motor gear, as it makes a grinding noise after retracting for about 10 seconds, its needs a drivers side tail light lens and sunvisor, and a passenger side electric mirror. but other than that I think it will be a great summer cruiser.

For a 97 thats nothing to complain about thou as im sure you would agree.

Well it just made its 1st trip of 250 miles to St Catherines Ontario for Buisiness, no problems, and it was raining the entire way!!!!! Glad I did a temp fix to the convertable top, as it was coming loose along the rear window seam, and causing a flapping noise at speed, some 2 sided tape worked for now, we will see how long that lasts!!!!

oh man I wish I had a convertible. Alas I am stuck with a Landau top xD Lookin good man!

Thanks for the kind words, your Phonix looks just like one a friend of mine in collage had, it was black 78 with a landu roof, originally with a 2 bbl 301, we put together a decent 400 for it and he had alot of fun beating up on Camaro's with it!!! It had 1 st gen Firebird Ram Air manifolds on it, we had alot of fun with that Little old mans car!!!!!