Skip to content

Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Sign up now! 🏁

Greetings from Austria – 1973 Oldsmobile Omega with a Pontiac OHC6 Sprint heart

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Hi everyone,

my name is Karl and I'm from Austria. I recently stumbled across Forever Pontiac and, although my car is technically an Oldsmobile, I think I have a pretty good reason to introduce myself here.

This is Francis, my 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Coupe in Aspen Green.

Oldsmobile Omega.jpg

The body may say Oldsmobile, but the heart is definitely Pontiac. 🙂

Under the hood is a 1966 Pontiac 230 ci OHC6 Sprint, originally the 4-barrel version.

Oldsmobile Omega Pontiac ohc6.jpg

I've owned and worked on Francis for several years and the car has gone through an extensive restoration and rebuild. One of my main goals was to retain the unique appearance and character of the Pontiac OHC6 while adding some modern technology for reliability and drivability.

Today the Sprint is running a Holley Sniper EFI, together with a 2.5-inch dual exhaust. The cam tower is finished in Oldsmobile Gold – maybe not what Pontiac intended back in 1966, but I think it fits the Omega rather nicely.

Pontiac_ohc6.jpg

A lot of work also went into the interior. I wanted something that looked like it could belong in a '70s GM car while giving Francis his own identity. This included the Houndstooth upholstery and custom door panels that I built myself, along with quite a few smaller details.

Oldsmobile Omega Interiour.png

I know the floor mat is upside dwon.

This July he had a particularly special job when my niece asked me to use him as her wedding car. I drove her to the ceremony, and afterwards the newlyweds took Francis for the trip to their wedding celebration.

Definitely one of my favorite memories with the car.

Oldsmobile Omega wedding.jpg

There is also a nice connection between Francis and the Pontiac OHC6 community.

Back in November 2022, Jim Black from the Overhead Cammer Chapter visited me and Francis during his trip through Europe and a Danube river cruise. I'm currently putting together the full story of the Omega, its restoration and the OHC6 for the Overhead Cammer magazine.

I've been sharing the project on a few US car forums over the years, but only recently discovered Forever Pontiac. Seeing that there are still some fellow OHC6 enthusiasts around here convinced me that Francis probably deserves an introduction.

If there is interest, I'd be happy to start a separate build thread. There is quite a story behind how a 1973 Oldsmobile Omega in Austria ended up with a 1966 Pontiac Sprint under the hood – and what it took to bring the whole car to where it is today.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Pontiac and OHC6 enthusiasts here!

Karl
Austria

Awesome story, beautiful car, very well done. Chat with us whenever you can in the forum. Welcome to FP.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

  • Founders

welcomeFP

Nice Olds! Great to hear family connections to the car as well. Look forward to seeing you around these parts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.