Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello To All

Hi, im Frank and obviously im also new to Forever Pontiac. I used to be on a Pontiac Vibe Forum but ever since i had to part with her i haven't found a place elsewhere to go until i stubbled upon this website. I have loved Pontiacs since i was a kid. I now own a 2002 Silver Sunfire SE, 4-door, 2.2L OHV which i have named Kira. Below should be some pics of her (if i uploaded correctly). I bought her in a small, sad little car lot and she ran horrible...but i still bought her having to decided between the low mileage, decent running Chevy Cavalier or the high mileage, struggling Sunfire. I obviouly went with the Sunfire for i already felt a connection when i saw her and of course my love for Pontiac. I have seen then gave her the much need tune up and worn parts replacement she need and now she runs great. I bought her with 136,000 miles and now she has 203,000 miles. I plan to keep on upgrade her as much as i can but for now i plan not to do any major body mods since i want to keep her looking like her original body but i will do little tweaks to her style to keep her original to me from other sunfires.

KiraHID.jpg

SideViewKira.jpg

KiraSony.jpg

KiraRear.jpg

KiraIntake.jpg

KiraIntake2.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP!

I believe you're the first J-body sedan on FP, we have numerous coupes. And the venerable LN2 motor. They're underpowered, but they just don't die. Sadly, they just don't have the performance potential as the L61 and LD9 motors also stuffed into these gen J-bodies.

Ever thought of an L61 swap? 2002 was the first year the J-body saw the L61 motor, and the swap is not too difficult.

I see you have HIDs too, but rather blue. What temp are they? And I hope you disabled the DRL's, they burn out HIDs in a hurry.

' date='Jan 24 2011, 03:44 PM' post='47092']

Welcome to FP!

I believe you're the first J-body sedan on FP, we have numerous coupes. And the venerable LN2 motor. They're underpowered, but they just don't die. Sadly, they just don't have the performance potential as the L61 and LD9 motors also stuffed into these gen J-bodies.

Ever thought of an L61 swap? 2002 was the first year the J-body saw the L61 motor, and the swap is not too difficult.

I see you have HIDs too, but rather blue. What temp are they? And I hope you disabled the DRL's, they burn out HIDs in a hurry.

I have thought about the swap, the only thing in my way is the lack of money and also the fact that i would to start rebuilding the motor but if i do im left without transportation since i only have this car at the moment. I need a second vehicle before i start taking apart my current one. And as for the HID's...they are temp. 8000K and yes, i did disable the DRL's before installing them.

If you do the swap, it is much easier to find a junked Sunfire's front K-member/subframe clip so you'll have the mounts already there.

As for the electronics, it's not too complicated swapping in an L61's PCM and BCM.

Is the LN2 mated up with the three or four speed auto? My buddy has a '00 Cavy with the LN2 and three speed, and the way it's setup, a swap is a bit hindered due to the design of that combination.

The Getreg 5-speed will get the most out of the L61, but if you really have to stay with a slushbox, the 4T45E trans works. L61 powered J-bodies had them, as did LA1/L61 powered N-bodies and Delta platform cars.