Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Photos of my Pontiac (lots of them)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I made one of the pics my background on my comp, I hope you don't mind. :P

:D me too

• 3 weeks later...
' date='Jan 8 2011, 06:17 AM' post='45906']

Wow, this is your daily driver?

Great pics, a lot of time went into its restoration.

In the summer I drive it as much as I can, what's the point of it being in a garage all the time right?

you store that outside where snow can get on it?!?!?

Not normally, a lot of things came together to prevent me getting her into storage this year, now I am waiting on some help and some snow removal where I keep it so I can get her back inside.

Those photos where i drove it in the snow are early on in the first snow fall each time, I do that because it's harmless and it's also before they salt... if they they salt.

Amazing Chieftain!!!!!

Do you have any pics of the restoration process?

That's where things fall apart, I own this car, I drive this car and I love this car, but my late uncle did the original restoration, and he and my aunt for some unknown reason never took a single photo, and talking to my aunt she can;t figure out why they never did because they did for all their other cars (he was a master restorer and she was pretty damn good herself)

But my dad and I have been redoing everything due to some issues the car had, basically when we are done we will have redone everything except the wood and some body work, the car was an electrical nightmare, it was a lemon since 1931, but we have it so it's extremely reliable now, if not for my freshly professionally rebuilt started frying recently I could still go outside in this -30 weather and start it right up... there is nothing on this car we have not had to fix, rebuild, replace, or repair since we got it, it looked great when we got it too, but it was just a paperweight then, now it's a driver.

I have to say I will readily admit we did not do the car originally as embarrassing as that can be, but we have done many many cars over the years. We are known for taking the worst of the absolute worst and bringing them back, for example look at our bus http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2563951

Wow. I love that you drive this car near-daily. She's beautiful. Thanks for the photos, I would love to see more!

I'll tell you why I drive this car as much as I can, firstly it's because I love driving it, and second is because I was put through a few near death incidents and I decided after that that I want to enjoy my cars, because up till then I was not enjoying them that much. One of the near death moments came when I rolled my 55 GMC grain truck with a load of dirt on the highway avoiding a head on with a woman who decided to pass a car while I was oncoming, I avoided the collision by dropping my passenger wheels into the ditch, and I fought the urge to jerk the wheel, I was doing great, and as I came back onto the road surface my passenger front hub shattered and the truck went sideways and flipped ejecting me through the open passenger window and landed on my feet still holding the top half of the steering wheel... the truck then landed on top of me... when it was all done I was actually standing on the road, with my body going up through the open passenger window! I had so much adrenalin that I thought I was fine, so I climbed through the truck and hopped out, my ankles collapsed and I tipped over and grabbed the very hot exhaust pipe and got 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my right hand... LOL Lucky for me a nice guy with a horse trailer stopped and he gave me a 5 gallon pail of water to put my hand in. The hand healed very well, my ankles never have. Made a lot of friends that day, this happened at the end of a drag strip and the owner raced over with a loader and once the tow truck driver righted the 55 he reloaded my dirt, the tow truck driver was able to lift the truck high enough at my house to dump the dirt where I wanted it and the Police never gave me any grief at all. I gave the tow truck driver (who I visit often) a 1959 Zephyr for helping me out.

After that and a couple other car accidents where I was the passenger or driver and not at fault, I decided I wanted to have fun and enjoy my cars and trucks as much as possible instead of saving them for a special occasion, if I die tomorrow I will have at least put some great miles behind the wheel of some amazing cars, and I will not regret that!

I absolutely love it. I saw your CarDomain! It's a great car. I made one of the pics my background on my comp, I hope you don't mind. :D

:rofl: me too

That's great, I'm honoured! Which ones did you guys use? I ask because those are lower resolution them my originals usually and I am happy to send you better versions!

Wow. I love that you drive this car near-daily. She's beautiful. Thanks for the photos, I would love to see more!

Thanks!

I have a lot of photos on it on DeviantArt http://quanticchaos1000.deviantart.com/gal...iac-Sport-Sedan

And there are some on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/34763136@N03/...57622854346711/

And if you guys like automotive photography check out my DeviantArt gallery http://quanticchaos1000.deviantart.com/gallery

And I want to thank everyone who voted for my yak for the POTM, I was blown away when I logged in today! :woot:

Finally was able to get the 31 into storage, I feel so much better that she is in there.

Part of the armature broke loose somehow and tore up the stator very badly, so we waited till Wednesday when it was pretty nice out, and pull started her gently with the 36 GMC, then I was able to drive to the hangar and get her into her stall.

DSCN7160.jpg

DSCN7162.jpg

DSCN7164.jpg

how many cars do you have? how many are projects? how many are restored? how many will be mine? how many are daily drivers? how many are weekend cars? how many more are you going to get? jus curious. :my2cents: i want a few classics.

• Founders

how many cars do you have? how many are projects? how many are restored? how many will be mine? how many are daily drivers? how many are weekend cars? how many more are you going to get? jus curious. :rofl: i want a few classics.

:my2cents:

how many cars do you have? how many are projects? how many are restored? how many will be mine? how many are daily drivers? how many are weekend cars? how many more are you going to get? jus curious. :my2cents: i want a few classics.

The ones in the hangar are not mine... yet LOL, I like the looks of that Maserati! (and the next hangar is full of Rolls Royces!)

I have too many cars, most run and drive, all older, I drive a lot of them, and a lot come and go, I am constantly saving vintage cars from the crusher then finding them homes, last year I saved an un-rusted 68 Mercury truck, 61 Monarch 4 door hard top (will be driving that this summer) Chopped 48 Dodge sedan, 56 Meteor wagon, 66 Mercury M100 truck with a 352 4 speed and a Detroit Locker, 56 Mercury COE and a few others, before that a 35 Graham that is one of 3 in Canada, and countless others... because one they are gone they are gone for good.

I am always selling cars and trucks and projects, if you are ever looking for something specific let me know.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ln7_nut

oh wow. thats great. and good thing you save many from the crusher. :my2cents::rofl: im jealous that you keep all of those or at least get to sample them. and Canada would be way too much of a drive for me to pick up something. but i do have a list of what i want its jus what i dont have: time, space and most important, lots money. but check the Useless Posts thread, i posted a truck that i do like and want.

oh wow. thats great. and good thing you save many from the crusher. :my2cents::rofl: im jealous that you keep all of those or at least get to sample them. and Canada would be way too much of a drive for me to pick up something. but i do have a list of what i want its jus what i dont have: time, space and most important, lots money. but check the Useless Posts thread, i posted a truck that i do like and want.

...I deliver! :P <--epic

• Founders

Wow definitely wish I could at least drive those cars, completely agree its awesome to save those cars from the crusher. Wish I had more time to restore cars like that but that will have to wait till I have my own place with more space. If bring home another car, I think my parents will kill me at this point :lol2:

...I deliver! :lol2: <--epic

free? :wacko:

how many cars do you have? how many are projects? how many are restored? how many will be mine? how many are daily drivers? how many are weekend cars? how many more are you going to get? jus curious. :lol2: i want a few classics.

nobody saw that? :(