Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2024 Detroit Indoor Swap Meet

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Great pics bro, thanks. So I've gotta ask, what was the reason for the $20 price tag on the wrenches? Was it justa because they were larger size?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Great pics bro, thanks. So I've gotta ask, what was the reason for the $20 price tag on the wrenches? Was it justa because they were larger size?

Pretty much yes. These were all greater than 1 1/2" size wrenches. Plus guys pretty much set the price to whatever they want. It's up to you to try to haggle them down - if possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, may sound stupid but I haven't bought a wrench in I know over 15yrs. Not sure I have even looked at the price of one. I justa had no idea they had gone up in price that much. 

• Sad 1

If you get a chance, price out anything from Cornwell or Snap-On in your area. Great stuff but highly pricey IMO. Craftsman is not what it use to be either. Tools in general are going up, like everything else. So swap meets are a good way to fight high prices, especially if they are slightly used.

• Like 2

I knew Craftsman wasn't as good since they were sold which sucks. I was always a diehard Craftsman guy. I have a buddy who's a Frieghtliner mechanic and buys off of the Snap-On truck at work. We had this conversation last night and he justa laughed at me. But you have to understand, I started working on cars over 30yrs ago like a lot of you. If I barrowed a tool more than twice I bought it when I could afford to. I worked on my own big truck when I had them and drove for a living. Then I ran the shop for the trucking company I was contracted to when I came off the road. I have every american size wrench from 1/4 up to 2 1/2, Metric from 4mm up to 22mm and then a few random up to 36mm and doubles and triples of most, a full set of ratcheting wrenches and open-ended ratcheting wrenches. Some of the ratcheting wrenches were a gift from my wife or they were traded into from my truck mechanic buddy for big truck tools that I no longer used.  So yeah, I was serious about not buying or looking at the prices of wrenches in years, and I was seriously shocked. 

Kinda funny looking back after all these years, but I still remember when I was trying to build up my tool collection. I used to go to pawn shops. You could get Craftsman screwdrivers, wrenches and sockets for under a dollar. If they were damaged take them to Sears and swap them out.  I gave $5 for a used 1/2" drive ratchet and still have it and use it today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did not know that. Curious.

Craftsmen tools was the standard for decades. Theyvwere affordable and were sold at out local Sears and Roebuck stores. Mechanical tools had a life time guarantee. You break something, it’s replaced free, no questions asked. Sears/KMart sold Craftsman to Stanley tools quite some time ago. Still decent quality but no more lifetime guarantee.

• Like 2

I didn't know that Stanley was the company that bought them, I justa figured it was another Chinese tool now. My freightliner buddy did say that Lowes will now exchange Craftsman tools but there were some "requirements". Not sure what they are.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.