Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1952 pontiac sedan delivery heater assembly

purchased 52 sedan delivery. w additional 49 parts and frt clip. guy set 52 body on s10 frame.  I have a rolling stock 4dr 1949 car. was going to remove the body and place the s.d. on the frame and start from there.  I purchased a 1955 287 Cid w slant pan 4 speed hydro.  was going to us as the power plant.  I have owned a commercial sign co. for over 50yrs. always want a sedan delivery for the business. as I do handpainted signs and pinstriping.  I know the 287 isn't a big powerhouse but wanted a little more punch than the 6 and 8 flathead. also anything from 55 thru 1960 bolts right into the 49 chassis.

my dad bought a 49 chieftain new and drove it 150k.  I got my hands on it at 16 and started to hot rod it.  ended up w 1960 389 crower cam anti pump up lifters. edelbrock high rise 780 cfm holley. and a built up 4 spd 55 hydro.

I have now had that car over 60 yrs and still runs today.  so before I kick off I want to build this sedan delivery.  but want to keep pretty much stock. except for the v8 /trans. and a 6 12 conversion like I did in the 49.

so my question is.  and I haven't checked but believe the 52 SD does not have an understeat heater. because of the original 2 bucket seats.

and possibly came w a heater defroster box that mounted on the inside of firewall.   so I don't know if any of you have a SD and can confirm my findings.  the car has 2 nice bucket seats in it know.  but also looking at 2 chev SD seats. that would make it more original.  so if anyone has knowledge on the type of heating system used on these SD. I would greatly appreciate some in.  best regards kevin

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP.  Would love to see some pic's of your projects.  Wish I could help with your question, but maybe someone here can help.  Alotta knowledge floating around here (between all the madness we have fun with)  Jump in the forum and chat it up with us and maybe share your knowledge with someone in need.

• Like 1

Pontiac did have under seat heaters for cars with bucket seats in 51 and 52. This heat core is available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325406189163?hash=item4bc3b8666b:g:U9oAAOSw9yFjYE5q

image.thumb.png.6e1ab8c6dc26bf4da8e5a2fb1e8d1bf8.png