Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

3 car museum visits

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wish we could have met up when you were here in Pontiac.  Thankz for sharing N glad you were able to get in.  There is usually someone there.

• Like 2

Hi Frosty,  thanks for the welcome. Sorry we couldn’t get together with any of you while we were there, it was a whirlwind tour on the way to Wisconsin.  
   I agree, PTM is a work in progress , but still very interesting to me. I can certainly see the potential that building has and enjoyed seeing the various vehicles and items currently “on display”.   As a side note, the large Oakland Pontiac sign was donated to the museum by the widow of my late close friend, Frank Kemp.

The Gilmore was amazing! As you stated, it’s close to nothing, but well worth the effort to get there! The cars, displays and buildings were incredible and I would highly recommend it. We certainly would  have spent more time there if we could have.

Haven’t been to Stohl’s, but we have been to Henry Ford and Greenfield Village and the Flint Museum when we went to our second POCI convention in Detroit 1979.   I’m sure things have changed a bit since then!

• Like 1

They JUSTA finished the renovating the Sloan Musuem and the Buick Gallery this year. It’s been under going a two year renovation. It reopened two weeks ago. I haven’t had a chance to go through it yet.

I had the pleasure to see Van Seymore’s factory light weight GTO in the muscle car display at the Gilmore awhile back. I worked with Van’s wife, Pat, in the late 70s and early 80s. Their son, Keith, is a member of our chapter and he is now the car’s caretaker. 

Thank you for the story about the Pontiac Oakland sign too!

• Like 2

Did you get a picture with you car next to the big Route 66 mural in alley behind the hotel around the corner? 

I’ve been to POMARC twice but I’ve not had the VIP tour by Tim or Penny upstairs or downstairs! So kudos to you! The restored Standard Oil gas station in nearby Odell IL is a real cool stop too! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

:rofl:  So that's what happened to Havoc.  Painted his car, went camping and never returned.  Hmmm thinkin Big Foot has a part in this story.   Fantastic shots and thoughts on the museums.  Thank you for sharing 31.

image.png.6c25c1be00fa9fc77af3138a6dab6e0e.png

this is super interesting and i am sure Fitzy will see this ....

holden did this ..........image.thumb.png.5a75323a5d1c5bc026fd56591aa0693b.png

i guess my question at this point is who copied who ? hahaha :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Pontiac first did it with the Ventura II hatchback back in 1976. Pontiac repeated itself with the introduction of the Aztek in 2001.

When did Holden do it?

i think it was with the holden  torana in the mid 70's Fitzy would know better 

• Like 1

Looks like 1978. For our Stateside viewers, these Torana hatchbacks are now priced like they're made of solid gold. Add a 308 and a 4 speed, and we're talking $300k and up.

20220712_172637.jpg

20220712_172611.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 5:02 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Love the Pontiac push mower too !!! image.thumb.jpeg.c0fdc75e549d439466e2453717130eb9.jpeg

I should have bought one of these and left it at that! I now have the GTMow in bits (it threw a pulley) my old tractor mower in bits and, well the GP runs fine.

• Haha 1