Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Good Evening everyone,

New here to the Pontiac forums.  I have been going through many old car parts amongst my collection that stems through a family member or two.  I deal mostly with Corvette NOS stuff, but I did find a Tri Power Air Cleaner amongst my boxes and I am not really sure what it goes to.  I know it is not Chevy, but have been told perhaps Pontiac.  Would someone be able to help me identify what this is?

Thank You in advance. 

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Say's it's made in Flint stamping plant, should be for Pontiac.  I only know of Pontiac and Chevy Tri Power units.  If it's for Buick or Olds it's very special.  Even Pontiac or Chevy, it's rare.  Frosty just saw one at a swap meet last weekend.  You can see the sanding marks in the repaint and he was asking BIG bucks.  Yours has the the original AC info.  Will have to check into this further when I get some time.

• Like 1

Keep stumbling into more info.......... Still could be a Pontiac, info below will confirm.  Thankz...I learned alot too.

https://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Tripower_air_cleaners.htm

Edited by JUSTA6

@JUSTA6 thanks for your help here.  I was looking at the photos from the carb shop, it would seem to match closely to 57 Pontiac, Part No. 1553222.  It would appear perhaps the version I have is for the larger carb setup as I do not have the longer carb tubes on the invert of the cleaner. 

Also looks like reproductions are in the 650-700 range.  Thoughts on what this could get?

• Confused 1

NOT the 3222.   You have the 1553292. A 57 OLDS.... Look at the stud /support for the lid on yours + the non tube carb runners.  While yours has the original silkscreen AC information, BIG PLUS.....  It's really not in SHOW Worthy condition and needs to be restored.  As the carb shop states...a new sticker/decal could be used to restore the part and NOT loose any show points.  Just being the OLDS makes it very rare,  restoration issue will be brought up in $$ negotiations  AND please remember.  Your dealing with a very small window of people that would be interested in your part.  When was the last time you even saw a 57 Olds??? Carshow or museum.   Bottom line...it's only worth what someone is willing to pay you.  I would put it up for 800.00 and go from there. That's JUSTA me!

Justa for kicks, check out the Pontiac air cleaner in Frosty's post.  Really caught alot of people's eye and started alot of chit chat on how rare to really even see these anymore.  If you look at the reflection of the sun on the top, you can see the sanding marks!!! And he's still asking big bucks for his restoration.   Good Luck however this play's out for you.  Let us know if you sell and how much.