Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

67 Firebird Custom

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Awesome looking build Jag. I commend you and your builders on a fine job. She looks like a ball to drive. I certainly hope you and your family are enjoying the ever loving crap out of it!

I have some questions on your build.

1. Clear you have a Ford 9". Why single adjustable shocks instead of double?

2. Clear you have an aftermarket front subframe. Who's is it? Is it running Corvette spindles?

3. Are you running subframe connectors to stiffen up the unibody?

4. What's the specs / details on the engine and transmission? Do you have overdrive?

5. You have A/C. Are you running Vintage Air?

6. The front seats are not stock. What are they out of?

7. Any more plans for it?

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Hey Chris looks like you and I have the same interests lol. I am also part kiwi on my moms side from what I’ve been told. Here is a video I found from 2019 not sure how great the sound will come through. The idle is around 800-1000rpm here. Once the car is in gear it sounds quite a bit more lumpy. I also have electronic cut outs installed just off the headers with the button wired under the dash for the fun factor lol. It’s crazy loud and lumpy with them open and pretty tame sounding with them closed. When we dyno tested the car we did pulls with the cutouts open and closed to see the hp difference and it made about 15hp more with them open but was deafening to say the least lol. The guy running the dyno builds, tunes and races mopar mostly and was really impressed with the power outputs of the Pontiac. He said we could definitely pull more power out of the motor if we gave it more carburetion “850 or bigger” but would lose responsiveness at lower rpm. I like it with the Holly 750 double pumper it has instant response to melt the back tires and runs great.

• Like 2

wow!!! she sounds bloody nice Jason!!!! :cheers:

i will take note of your build specs for my 389!!! 

what muffers are you running ?

good to chat to another part kiwi !!! :dancingpontiac:i see from the video you live in a really nice part of Alberta 👍 bet you can make as much noise as you like living there !!!:driving:

• Haha 1

Hey Chris thanks for your interest bud you sound like a great guy! I think the mufflers are a 3” thrush. We come from different worlds but still have lots in common 😁 Let me know if I can help you at all with your build! Cheers!!

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Hey Chris thanks for your interest bud you sound like a great guy! I think the mufflers are a 3” thrush. We come from different worlds but still have lots in common 😁 Let me know if I can help you at all with your build! Cheers!!

different ends of the planet but your paying over 3 bucks a litre of petrol like we are!!! 😡thanks Putin ! hahaha

hay Jason , hang around the forums mate, we have lots of interesting topics and i have been having a ball building my 64 with all the help around here!! there is years of experience which is justA invaluable !!

and you have done such a great job of your 68 ! and great that it was your dads car !!

i trust you use the car all the time and are clocking up the  s miles!! :dancingpontiac:

Hey bud I’ll definitely start checking out more posts and topics when I get a chance. We are paying $1.50 a litre here “Alberta is a major oil and gas province”and we think that’s bad, $3 ouch 😣 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jag said:

Hey bud I’ll definitely start checking out more posts and topics when I get a chance. We are paying $1.50 a litre here “Alberta is a major oil and gas province”and we think that’s bad, $3 ouch 😣 

wow, now how can i get my hands on 50 million litres of that $1.50 gas ???? that would be liquid gold in nz !!:rofl: