Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Acquiring another Pontiac station wagon

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP Mike. 

Since you're from Kingman, you are definitely no stranger to Route 66 and getting your kicks there on the Mother Road! Very cool.

You will have to keep us up-to-date on your adventures with the car and your car shows up and down the Mother Road.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took a road trip to Sacramento and picked up my “new” 55 Chieftain Deluxe wagon and trailered it home to Kingman, AZ. It’s not perfect but I believe it will be a nice project to personalize and make it mine. It’s a mostly stock older restoration with a 347 engine and Hydramatic transmission. After playing with my Mopar and several Chevys I’m going to have a steep learning curve with an old Pontiac.  I’d like to install air conditioning, front disc brakes and power steering so if any of you Pontiac aficionados can help guide me I will certainly be grateful. I’m adding a few more photos I took after bringing it home. 

79564D1E-0858-492D-B472-590B48FE59E9.jpeg

F5CEEE4D-9397-47D7-9C8A-E2E0C0265CF9.jpeg

1E6AA4C4-C6D0-4926-8C1F-C41FE96A17DF.jpeg

905B05D1-2052-4BC9-87E9-A5A241727CB3.jpeg

• Like 2

I didn't notice it before, but the rear fender openings have been cut and radiused to match the front. They used to do this on the old gassers to get bigger tyres under there, or to make it look like a tri-five Chevy Nomad. Not saying it looks wrong, but just different.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikerod51 said:

I finally took a road trip to Sacramento and picked up my “new” 55 Chieftain Deluxe wagon and trailered it home to Kingman, AZ. It’s not perfect but I believe it will be a nice project to personalize and make it mine. It’s a mostly stock older restoration with a 347 engine and Hydramatic transmission. After playing with my Mopar and several Chevys I’m going to have a steep learning curve with an old Pontiac.  I’d like to install air conditioning, front disc brakes and power steering so if any of you Pontiac aficionados can help guide me I will certainly be grateful. I’m adding a few more photos I took after bringing it home. 

79564D1E-0858-492D-B472-590B48FE59E9.jpeg

F5CEEE4D-9397-47D7-9C8A-E2E0C0265CF9.jpeg

1E6AA4C4-C6D0-4926-8C1F-C41FE96A17DF.jpeg

905B05D1-2052-4BC9-87E9-A5A241727CB3.jpeg

Looking very cool Mike👍 welcome to the madness!! there is lots of information here and we are more thank happy to help where we can :dancingpontiac:

i am really good at drinking your beer and laughing at the mistakes.:rofl:

But i bet that under all that Pontiac Chrome there is a lot of standard gm parts at we are all familiar with 👍

• Like 1

Thanks Pete - I’m hoping to learn more about Pontiacs as this wagon is the second one I’ve owned. I sold my 63 Catalina “long roof” a couple years ago after getting frustrated with all the little things I didn’t know about Pontiacs.  It was a really good looking car but drove me nuts with all the non stop nuisance problems I had with it plus my wife hyped it. What I really was hoping to get was a 61 Catalina Safari like the one my parents had when I was a kid but I can’t seem to find one no matter how hard I look. I’ve mostly been a Chevy and Mopar guy but I’m hoping this 55 Chieftain will change that. I’ll post a photo of my 63 Catalina parked alongside my Mopar. I still own the 65 Plymouth Satellite as it’s the twin to the first car I bought in high school back in the late 60’s. 

A5ED3CF9-2898-4D16-B4DC-BE58CC1908AC.jpeg

E010D6B0-BA43-408E-A0C4-4A72C179E63D.jpeg

• Like 2

Love it!!  Close to my 64 Parisienne [Cdn] long roof, mine had a pretty stout SBC with Borg Warner 4 spd!! Sold this and my 64 Impala S/S 409 4 spd on the same day!!

IMG_0830.PNG

thumbnail_IMG_1668.jpg

• Like 2