Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Back to younger years

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The car currently looks like the 1st pic, one with the Tacoma behind it, the vehicle was stolen a couple years ago from someone in the southwestern part of the USA. It was recovered by the police in the conditions where the front end was torn off (pics 2&3) the car is apparently a southern Cali car as it has a car club sticker from that area. She has great bones but she's missing a few. No horn and I'm not even sure of placement of the Horn. Also need wheel center caps, 1 wheel chrome ring 14", door pull straps A pillar trim driver side etc. To many parts to list

• Like 1

Jody - my first Pontiac was similar, it was a '73 Lemans Sport Coupe. Same body style just some subtle cosmetic differences between '73 and '75 - most notable between the front and back bumpers and grilles.

Drivetrain parts are plentiful unless you have to have pistons or rods for a Pontiac 350 V8. Otherwise the aftermarket has most of what you need.

Body and interior parts, depending on what it is, you are more on your own and you need to carefully search the internet, swap meets, online auctions like eBay, Craigslist, your local Pontiac car clubs, and classic car dismantling yard/junk yards for these parts since no one re-pops many of these parts. We are happy to help you with whatever parts you need to try to find. Clubs like the GTOAA and Pontiac-Oakland Club International have local chapters and a month magazine to members with for sale/want ads for both cars and parts.

The one exterior piece I know that is re-popped for these car is the Grand Am (I know, it's not the Lemans) front grille assembly. Since the original Grand Am's had the "squeezable" nose, they tended to deteriorate so someone decided to remake them in fiberglass.

Consider some of these sources, clearly there are others as well:

Franks Pontiac Parts:  https://www.frankspontiacparts.com/usedparts/grandam.htm

Desert Valley Auto Supply: https://www.dvap.com/

Motorrealm - Grand Am fascias: http://www.motorealm.com/Facias.html

CTC Auto Ranch: http://www.ctcautoranch.com/Parts Cars/Pontiac/Lemans - Tempest - GTO/Lemans - Tempest - GTO/1975 Pontiac Lemans Parts Car 1/1975 Pontiac LeMans Parts Car.html

Hemmings Magazine: Hemmings.com 

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Sadly these cars plus the later downsized 78 and up Lemans didn't get much love and were pretty much considered "throw away" cars and not as many survived the crusher.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your '73 as well. What was the '73 and '75 optioned with?

My '73 had AC, power steering and brakes, white vinyl interior and bucket seats, white vinyl roof and louvered side windows, 350 V8 2-bbl with a 375 TH automatic transmission (ask me how I know it had a 375TH sometime), a 3.23 open diff, rally gages and clock, AM/FM radio and a console shift. I later found out that the radiator in the 350 V8 with AC was larger than the 400 or 455 in the GTOs. I'm not sure why that was, but it was a 4-core radiator. I later purchased a Trans Am formula steering wheel for it. I still have that steering wheel, it is now on my '72 Lemans Sport Convertible.

• Thanks 1