Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac forever

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join this important group. When I was 20 years old, I had a 68 and a 69 GTO. 400 4 speed in each.  One was black with green interior (it didn't look that bad really.) and the 69 was gold with black interior.

That was 48 years ago and I just can't seem to justify close to $100,000 to get one like it again. Am I wrong to think that way? I would love to own a 1965 or 1966 GTO because they were my favorite.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Those sound like awesome Pontiacs! Got any old photos of them?

Those two years are indeed the glory years of GTOs so are indeed a pretty penny. What it is worth is indeed in the eyes of the beholder, state, etc… 

I will try to find something but may have to go back to wedding day as my wife and I had the black 68 GTO the day we got married. That's almost 50 years ago! Can't believe how time has gone by. 

• Like 1

While I am not a huge fan of "tribute" or clone cars, you could get a Lemans or Tempest and re-build one of your old GTOs in order to enjoy it and at a much cheaper price. Not quite the same thing I will admit but hey, it isn't six figures either.

23 hours ago, njacobsen said:

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join this important group. When I was 20 years old, I had a 68 and a 69 GTO. 400 4 speed in each.  One was black with green interior (it didn't look that bad really.) and the 69 was gold with black interior.

That was 48 years ago and I just can't seem to justify close to $100,000 to get one like it again. Am I wrong to think that way? I would love to own a 1965 or 1966 GTO because they were my favorite.

Thank you!

While they COULD pull down that kinda money. That's Barret Jackson TV money.  Real life you can do much better.   Checked out a beautiful 70 for a friend that bought the car and even with shipping to his state was a 1/4 of that money.  Sending you a link of a local collector dealer here in Mich.  His prices are pretty much top dollar in the real world, but he knows his cars.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=southern+motors+-+clarkston&qpvt=southern+motors+-+clarkston&FORM=VDRE

This is JUSTA an example.  You can always check your Craigslist for your state and from there can search any state for what your looking for.   Good Luck