Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello from Greenwood IN

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hi IndyKWG - welcome to FP and the madness.

You are correct that LeMans specific parts can be harder to find over GTO parts, like front sheet metal. All hope is not lost, you have to know where to look. Hopefully we can help.

I own a 72 LeMans Sport Convertible with the Endura (GTO) front clip on it. Indyman Joe has a 72 Luxury LeMans with the standard front clip. So we have a good idea where to find a lot of parts.

Lets us know what you are looking for or need help with. A lot of guys here are willing to help too. 

• Like 1

I had the front bumper re-chromed so i have some money wrapped up in keeping it a LeMans.  I know they sell kits to switch the front end to a GTO but I'd like to keep it what it is.  The lower valance in the front is in worse shape than it looks.  That is something i would like to find a solid replacement for.  The front fenders also have some rust way low where they bolt up.  I've cleaned them up and tried to preserve them best i can.  I have also added a gear vendors overdrive to the turbo 350 which keeps the rpm's way lower at highway speed.  Saves gas and wear and i really like that add on.  Next is a new vinyl top and some rust repair under it.  Then probably a new trunk lid as it is starting to rust.  The trunk is not hard to get and i can find them new.  But things like the hood or front end parts haven't turned up much on my searches.    

• Like 1

Trunk lid you can get from the catalogs like National Parts Depot. It is the same as the GTO. Runs around $400 for a new one I think.

Call Frank's Pontiac Parts   https://www.frankspontiacparts.com/usedparts/gtoparts2.htm     ORDER LINE (760) 361-3242

image.png.fb34f1385c64e3b96d987267d00dd177.png

They are a Pontiac parts dismantler in California.

Also try Desert Valley Auto Parts.    https://www.dvap.com/

eBay and Craigslist are also sources. Swap meets - especially the larger national events like the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk Ohio or the GTOAA and POCI conventions. Also your regional Pontiac shows may have parts that you need.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Frosty!  I had not run across Desert Valley so I'll have to check that out.  I also have not been to many swap meets.  I have some things like gauges and original radio i'd consider trading or selling to someone restoring.  I may have to take a box and go to one sometime.  Good news for now, nothing is falling off yet and im able to enjoy it, just planning for what i know is coming at some point.

Your welcome.

As for front fenders, the only real significant difference between the LeMans and GTO front fenders is the side maker cut outs for the GTO. Find someone to weld those up and  viola - you have a LeMans fender.

Local swap meets can be hit or miss - I will be honest with you. I would expect to have a lot of luck at Pontiac Nationals at Norwalk Ohio at the end of July. Ditto the GTOAA and POCI conventions. Maybe even the Trans Am Nationals in Fairborn Ohio (but I expect more Firebird specific at that meet), and perhaps the Indian Uprising in Crystal Lake, Illinois in early August

• Like 1