Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Widetrackers Spring Dustoff

JUSTA6

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

image.png.cd2fdf98b3665967c6b98bf57e985f44.png

gees JustA... your gto looks fantastic !!!

image.png.27dc9e87322f8819f29bc28039be2c08.png

And the 64 looks super cool in that baby blue !!

image.png.771d31628ff9c41ed1f87c5a479ce95b.png

super trick flame job on the 65 !

Tried to talk 64 Cat outta those headlight trims.......but he wasn't havin any of it. :rofl:

DSC_0983.JPG

3 minutes ago, Tim Crofoot said:

Sorry about that got a call from work 

Justa Happy to see ya, glad you could make the trip down to attend the show.  You can PM me here anytime your coming down and hang out with us.  We won't embarrasss you too bad. MAYBE??  :nuts:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Tried to talk 64 Cat outta those headlight trims.......but he wasn't havin any of it. :rofl:

hahaaha good on ya mate !!! ... i still really like the baby blue! it suits the car !!!

31pontiac - I did have a long discussion with Dimitri Toth on Saturday. First of all he says hello and he hopes you are doing well. Second "tell Tim I still haven't installed that steering wheel yet!"

Dimitri went into a long winded story of how he purchased his '59 tri-power Bonneville from a couple out of Neffi (spelling?) Utah. Their parents had bought the car new, had a hard time keeping the 3 carbs tuned, had it switched to a single 4-barrel and then moved to Utah. The car sat for years. Dimitri was working with a car guy out of Salt Lake City. He asked Dimitri about his dream car - a '59 Bonneville. The guy thought he know of one. So because this long winded story of the back and forth communication, Dimitri getting photographs in the mail and looking at them with a f;ashlight during a power outage, etc.

Dimitri didn't bring his car down, he was working for the Pontiac Transportation Museum on Saturday. So he was being a fair weather fan and he didn't want to worry about cleaning his car up in case it rained.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great pics from both you and Justa6! 
 Frosty, I didn’t think Dimitrie would have installed the steering wheel yet. He had said that he likes looking at it and the original box it came in 😉.  Don’t know if he (or you) had time for him to tell you about the first time we met at the Minnesota POCI convention and he saw my ‘59 and wanted to trade his ‘63 SD Catalina for it.

Looks like you had a good show despite the threat of bad weather.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

Thanks for the great pics from both you and Justa6! 
 Frosty, I didn’t think Dimitrie would have installed the steering wheel yet. He had said that he likes looking at it and the original box it came in 😉.  Don’t know if he (or you) had time for him to tell you about the first time we met at the Minnesota POCI convention and he saw my ‘59 and wanted to trade his ‘63 SD Catalina for it.

Looks like you had a good show despite the threat of bad weather.

Dude - I got the WHOLE frickin' story! Dimitri doesn't tell a story in 10 minutes. He mentioned wanting to swap cars with you on it too! That's how he feel in love again with the '59 Bonneville. Then we got to Utah and the original owner family with only 29,000 miles on his 4-barrel/original tri-power pieces in the trunk '59 Bonneville, how he located at the car in the shipping yard near the Ford Rouge Plant in a sea of new autos but they wouldn't let him past the office due to insurance liability reasons. The cost to ship the car from Utah to Michigan was almost as much as he paid for the car ~ $1500.00 at the time.

He also said at Christmas time he puts up two Christmas trees. One for the family gifts and presents and one for the he-man / automotive / Pontiac memorabilia. The steering wheel is going to be in the box under the tree again this year he said! :picard:  He's not sure if he'll never mount that steering wheel.

I heard we had 87 cars this year, we normally have close to 110-125. Walk-in spectators were way down as well. Kind of have to expect that a bit. All state restrictions are lifted July 1st. So perhaps the Motor City show will be better attended.

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.