Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Michigan Widetracker's

Frosty

The date for the Michigan Widetracker's annual spring Dustoff all-Pontiac/Oakland/GMC car show has been set for Saturday, June 11, 2011. It will be held at the Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg Michigan.

The flyer for the show is available from the attached link;

http://www.widetrackers.com/dustoff2011.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I will take plenty of pictures but most of my time will be spent in the swap meet area. I bought a new utility trailer so I can bring back parts.

Frosty -- hopefully Coy and Mike from West Virginia is there if he can keep the TH400 in the car this time.

I will take plenty of pictures but most of my time will be spent in the swap meet area. I bought a new utility trailer so I can bring back parts.

Frosty -- hopefully Coy and Mike from West Virginia is there if he can keep the TH400 in the car this time.

Awesomeness!

I'd love to catch up with those good ol' boys. Of course, like Pro hints, I won't hold my breath. I am stilling waiting for GE to catch up with me when I am in WV !!!

With a new trailer, sounds like we need to make another run to NPD soon. We should start mapping out our winter/spring swap meet sessions too. In a few more weeks, I hope to be well enough to start wrenching again.

Perhaps Pro can come back down in June and we can really cruise Woodard. Of course we also need to map out any August Woodward Dream Cruise plans by spring.

Already booked off august for Woodward and Jenn is trying to figure out what to bring this year for the buffet. We should be back from Nashville the 16th or 17th if you wanted to do an NPD run/BS session/beer we can on the following weekend. I should have the Vibe back by then to make the NPD run worth my while.

Pro -- I was betting with Mike's Chevelle that the 10 bolt would have blown by now.

Frosty -- I promise if I ever finish this damn thing my next project will be a Pontiac. Maybe a Lemans wagon.

As for a wagon .... how about a nice 6000?

Pro - that almost sounds like a contradiction in terms. :lol2:

I really liked the old 6000 STEs sedans back in the day. Good luck trying to find one today. I don't think I have seen one in at least 10 years.

Notallthere - any non-Korean built Lemans would definitely be cool! Heck, a supercharged Vibe would be cool. A turbocharged Pontiac 301-V8 powered T1000 (a.k.a. the Pontiac version of the Chevette or the Pontiac Acadian in Canada) would be cool.

• 2 months later...

I just got this as an email from their chapter president, so I thought I'd share it.

"Car Show Press Release

Date of Show: Saturday June 11, 2011

The Michigan Widetrackers, Chapter 16 of the Pontiac-Oakland Club International invite Pontiac, Oakland and GMC vehicle owners of all ages to attend the 23rd Annual Spring Dust-Off Car Show on Saturday June 11th.

The show will be held, rain or shine, at the Springfield Oaks County Park 12451 Andersonville Road Davisburg, Michigan 48350 (look for the signs at I-75 and Exit 93.)

Participants and vendors may begin setup at 8:00 am. Cars can be pre-registered for $15.00 or $20.00 by noon on the day of the show.

10 foot by 20 foot swap spaces are available for $20.00 if pre-registered or $30.00 on the day of the show. You can sell your car in the car corral for only $10.00.

The spectator gate opens at 9:00 am. Free parking and admission is only $4.00 per person - 15 years and under free.

Trophies will be presented to Best of Show and also in 25 different classes based on participant judging.

Sponsored by Golling Buick GMC in Lake Orion. The first 125 vehicle entries will receive goody bags and magnetic dash plaques. The plaques are donated courtesy of Sellers Buick GMC in Farmington Hills.

DJ, food and refreshments are available on site.

Questions or more information, call 810-724-6334; vendors can call

248- 673-2796 or email [email protected].

Download a show flier at www.widetrackers.com."

It is...I've been going for years. They have had all sorts of GM one off cars there before, plus the late John Sawruk use to come and talk. Once even Mac McKellar (the famous Pontiac engine engineer) showed up. I am trying to convince Notallthere to bring the Vibe this year. I

• 3 months later...

The car show is less than a month from now. I just sent in my $15 registration. It's always a good time.

I was informed that the late Mac McKellar was a member of the Widetrackers, so they are having a special memorable award in his honor this year only, in addition to the the John Sawruk memorial award and Best of Show. Later this summer will be an all-Pontiac car show in Mac's honor as well. I heard it will be held at the senior citizen home he was living at when he passed away. I guess that was somewhere in Waterford. More on that soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked the Widetracker's website. Seems that Milt Schornack is going to be there!!!!!

For those of you who have not heard of Milt. He is essentially Mr. Royal Pontiac. He worked for Royal Pontiac back in the day when Royal Pontiac was putting out their supercars, called Royal Bobcats! Milt was the mechanic at the dealership who either worked on the super cars, or oversaw the cars. Milt is the one who prepped the GTOs for the famous Road and Track testing (they were ringers). Milt oversaw the racing Royal Pontiac cars as well.

Milt now markets his own "Ultimate Bobcat". He will restore and tune any Pontiac to your specifications. Milt is another living legend within the Widetrack/GTO years. I am excited! He is another Pontiac legend you need to get to know.

I hope that Tim Horton's coffee will ease the beating for me going to a Chevy meet.

I hope that Tim Horton's coffee will ease the beating for me going to a Chevy meet.

Bring sour cream and chocolate Timbits with the coffee and creamer. Then your public flogging will be eased.

I will post pictures of the show in a few days.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.